Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - update (09/07): hotfix for early insta-fail stealth missions coming within "10 days" per creative director

AbsolutSurgen

Just now, Firewithin said:

so an average ubi game it seems.  might be a good sale pickup during a gaming dry spell sometime next year 

I can almost guarantee it will be 40% off by Xmas, and combine that with their 20% off code it will be effectively 50% off.

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@Best are you still getting this?

:hmm:

Probably. With Wade saying:

"Far Cry: The Star Wars Edition", and if that's what you want, then that's what you're gonna get!"

I'm into this. I'm going to read a few of my go-to outlets and make a final decision. 

• Halal 1

@Biggie I'm not getting it. The 3 places i check said there are far too many bugs right now. It's nothing that great for It's genre, too. 

I'll buy it once it has gotten patched down the road.

Very disappointing. 

55 minutes ago, Best said:

Probably. With Wade saying:

"Far Cry: The Star Wars Edition", and if that's what you want, then that's what you're gonna get!"

I'm into this. I'm going to read a few of my go-to outlets and make a final decision. 

season 5 episode 13 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

47 minutes ago, Best said:

@Biggie I'm not getting it. The 3 places i check said there are far too many bugs right now. It's nothing that great for It's genre, too. 

Very disappointing. 

• Haha 1

Going to wait for a few weeks of patches and then sub to Ubisoft + for a couple of months. There is now 3 games that I want to play on (Lost Crown, AC: Mirage, and now Outlaws) on that platform that I'll probably be able to get through in less than 2 months.

1 hour ago, Best said:

Very disappointing. 

52 minutes ago, Best said:

Hmm. I've read a bunch of reviews that are convincing me to buy it. :thinking:

It's UBI Soft formula in a Star Wars universe. They say there is a lot of fun to be had. I might preload it now and take a gamble!!

@skillzdadirecta Are you still buying it at launch?

31 minutes ago, Best said:

Bought it and it's downloading now. I'm confident I'll enjoy it even though it's another ubi soft game. I absolutely love Star Wars so I'll have fun. 

That was quite the journey. 

• Haha 3

Haha I'm very predictable. But I did make sure to read a bunch of reviews before pulling the trigger. 

I'll have fun with it so that's all that matters. The bugs might be a bit annoying but it's all good. 

Sounds like it's mostly positive with the main negative being it's not more than it was expected to be but mostly good at what it was expected to be. But yeah probably on sale for Black Friday or early next year so I think I'm waiting. 

12 minutes ago, Best said:

The bugs might be a bit annoying but it's all good. 

and who knows how many of those will get squashed in a day one patch or over the next couple of weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Sounds like it's mostly positive with the main negative being it's not more than it was expected to be but mostly good at what it was expected to be

I’m ok with this. I haven’t been following it too closely and have been keeping my expectations in check. I just hope the MC, what’s her name, doesn’t end up being a secret force user. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

and who knows how many of those will get squashed in a day one patch or over the next couple of weeks. 

I’m ok with this. I haven’t been following it too closely and have been keeping my expectations in check. I just hope the MC, what’s her name, doesn’t end up being a secret force user. 

I haven't seen any spoilers, but given what has been said in the reviews, I am 99.9% sure she isn't.

• stepee 1

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

When is it playable @Best

can’t wait for impressions 

:daydream:

12am tonight. I'll boot it up tomorrow morning. 

29 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The narrative that this game was "bad looking" seem to have been put to bed as well.

Yep. Which makes me very happy. 😊 

Going through the reviews, there are a few things that sound like they will bother me, like not being able to hold onto found weapons, strict boundaries on missions in the open world, and instant fail stealth missions. Still, there is enough here that looks to appeal to me that I think I'll give it a try.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't know how anyone thought this was going to be a bad looking game. Massive does these types of games VERY well. I'll be playing at midnight tonight... or more specifically at 9pm.

I've been having trouble sleeping and have been going to bed at like 2am so I most likely will play it at midnight. 

• stepee 1

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't know how anyone thought this was going to be a bad looking game. Massive does these types of games VERY well. I'll be playing at midnight tonight... or more specifically at 9pm.

They put out that Avatar game which is one of the better looking games this gen.

• True 1

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I agree.  That early gameplay trailer probably came from an old build, from a console and the video looked overcompressed.