~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

49 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

So give one argument against this shooting beyond "I want to be against it".

She was at the head of a murderous mob. Those officers showed incredible restraint. 

It's not that "I want to be against it", I want to make sure this was truly justified, and her simply committing a crime isn't enough. What were this officer's options? From the two videos I've seen (which let's be honest, do not paint the whole picture on their own) it looked like he was an officer in a suit, so is he only armed with a pistol? Does he have a baton, pepper spray, or a taser? Was he the only officer there? Could he have fired a warning shot (probably not given they're indoors but you get what I mean)? I want to know the full context of this shooting to make sure that even though she was unarmed, this officer was justified in having to use deadly force. No matter the crime, deadly force should be the last resort, even if the person just raped and murdered six children, but yes sometimes deadly force being used as a last resort is the first resort because of emergency circumstances where it was a life and death situation, immediate danger, and was the only solution. I wanted to know if this was a case of that. We know police in the States are constantly shown to be woefully under and poorly trained, where a lot of them panic, shoot first, and ask questions later. I wanted to know if this was a case of that or not. 

I asked my question because it didn't seem like there was much discussion about an unarmed woman being killed by a police officer, and perhaps there was some context I was missing of the situation. I did not know that was the last hallway separating the rioters from the room where the politicians were hiding in. That's good to know. Adds perspective. Perhaps I did have a bad take, or didn't word my question the best I could, but don't imply I'm arguing in bad faith, or some right wing idiot going "durr this is the same as the BLM rioters". 

We are far too quick to jump down each other's throats on this board and start arguments for stupid shit. That's what drives some people away. If I'm wrong about something then educate me, don't belittle me. 

34 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

ABC just reported that Trump doesn't want to pardon anyone else because his lawyers told him if he self pardons its an admission of guilt and he can be sued for damages, lolololololololol.

Do prisoners get conjugal visits with other prisoners?

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

It's not that "I want to be against it", I want to make sure this was truly justified, and her simply committing a crime isn't enough. What were this officer's options? From the two videos I've seen (which let's be honest, do not paint the whole picture on their own) it looked like he was an officer in a suit, so is he only armed with a pistol? Does he have a baton, pepper spray, or a taser? Was he the only officer there? Could he have fired a warning shot (probably not given they're indoors but you get what I mean)? I want to know the full context of this shooting to make sure that even though she was unarmed, this officer was justified in having to use deadly force. No matter the crime, deadly force should be the last resort, even if the person just raped and murdered six children, but yes sometimes deadly force being used as a last resort is the first resort because of emergency circumstances where it was a life and death situation, immediate danger, and was the only solution. I wanted to know if this was a case of that. We know police in the States are constantly shown to be woefully under and poorly trained, where a lot of them panic, shoot first, and ask questions later. I wanted to know if this was a case of that or not. 

I asked my question because it didn't seem like there was much discussion about an unarmed woman being killed by a police officer, and perhaps there was some context I was missing of the situation. I did not know that was the last hallway separating the rioters from the room where the politicians were hiding in. That's good to know. Adds perspective. Perhaps I did have a bad take, or didn't word my question the best I could, but don't imply I'm arguing in bad faith, or some right wing idiot going "durr this is the same as the BLM rioters". 

We are far too quick to jump down each other's throats on this board and start arguments for stupid shit. That's what drives some people away. If I'm wrong about something then educate me, don't belittle me. 

Im not even entertaining what you're saying, because she didn't commit "a crime", she was AT THE HEAD OF A VIOLENT INSURRECTION.

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

Nobody is belittling you. Read the posts again. Was skillz a little jumpy? Maybe, but wouldn't you be if you were him? But you commented without knowing the situation and seem upset that people have explained to you how your take was bad.

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Here's the article on Trump no longer wanting to pardon anyone:

trump-rally-washington-gty-jt-210111_161
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Trump has been advised he could face civil liability connected to the rioters that stormed Congress, sources familiar with conversations told ABC News.

He’s fucked. Escape to the Russian Consulate any day now.

One last comment on the woman getting shot... let's not view this in a vacuum. Those Cops guarding that door were LITERALLY the last line of defense between that Mob and getting to Congress Members. All of the other tactics discussed in @Brick's lengthy post (Baton, Pepper Spray, etc.) had been deployed and FAILED at that point. The Rioters had beaten several cops, KILLING one and non-lethal force was STILL being deployed. Again... it's a wonder, and a egregious security failure to be honest, that shots had NOT been fired when we know Cops have deployed lethal force in FAR less serious situations and justifiable encounters. To question whther or not THIS shooting was justified strains credulity.

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

One last comment on the woman getting shot... let's not view this in a vacuum. Those Cops guarding that door were LITERALLY the last line of defense between that Mob and getting to Congress Members. All of the other tactics discussed in @Brick's lengthy post (Baton, Pepper Spray, etc.) had been deployed and FAILED at that point. The Rioters had beaten several cops, KILLING one and non-lethal force was STILL being deployed. Again... it's a wonder, and a egregious security failure to be honest, that shots had NOT been fired when we know Cops have deployed lethal force in FAR less serious situations and justifiable encounters. To question whther or not THIS shooting was justified strains credulity.

In fact, there was a lot of abdication of duty. If the military had allowed something like that to happen in an American Institution overseas, Republicans would still be calling for heads. Oh wait, they are, it was called Benghazi 

41 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The one thing that I find interesting to watch is the contemplation of the one officer in the video. Just watching his finger go back and forth in the moments of deliberation on if he will shot this person.  You don't even have to see anything else but the hand to tell that while he didn't want to shot anyone, there was the real thought that it had to be done. In the end I don't believe that was the officer that fired the shot that killed the traitor to the country. 

22 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

More than one bank is cutting ties

dude has has his life fucking ripped out from under him all because he just couldnt accept the loss.  we all know it was because hes scared to death of jail and hopefully that still happens with the added bonus that him and his fuckhead family loses everything

16 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

dude has has his life fucking ripped out from under him all because he just couldnt accept the loss.  we all know it was because hes scared to death of jail and hopefully that still happens with the added bonus that him and his fuckhead family loses everything

Watching his life crumble before our eyes has made these last 4 years almost worth it. 

The new Acting Chief of the Capitol Hill Police will definitely ruffle the feathers of some repulsive birds:

Yogananda-Pittman.jpg?fit=1200%2C675
WWW.NBCWASHINGTON.COM

U.S. Capitol Police have a new acting chief after the chief announced he would resign in the wake of the Capitol riot.  Assistant Chief Yogananda Pittman will be the acting chief, the department said. She joined the department in 2001, rose through the ranks and is Assistant Chief for Protective and Intelligence Operations, the Capitol Police website says.  Pittman was…

• stepee 2

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The new Acting Chief of the Capitol Hill Police will definitely ruffle some repulsive feathers:

Yogananda-Pittman.jpg?fit=1200%2C675
WWW.NBCWASHINGTON.COM

U.S. Capitol Police have a new acting chief after the chief announced he would resign in the wake of the Capitol riot.  Assistant Chief Yogananda Pittman will be the acting chief, the department said. She joined the department in 2001, rose through the ranks and is Assistant Chief for Protective and Intelligence Operations, the Capitol Police website says. ...

please give them permission now, too fuck them up if they return.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

Jesse Ventura posted on Facebook comparing Trump to Charles Manson and I’ll be damned if that isn’t the most appropriate comparison.

Howard Steen said the exact same thing this morning on his show. He goes on to say, when the cloud loosened on these woman who followed his word. They couldn’t believe how idiotic they were to follow him. Here’s hoping for the same on all Trumpers, but I think there’s a deeper darker evil there that just needs to be wiped off the face of the earth