Perfect Dark (2025?) - update (06/09): "Gameplay Reveal" trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

NEWS.XBOX.COM

After seeing the first gameplay trailer for Perfect Dark, we caught up with the developers to answer some of the big questions about this exciting secret agent thriller reboot.

Team Perfect Dark doesn’t want this to feel like any one genre – it takes in elements of first-person shooters, immersive sims, and stealth-action, but blends them into a seamless whole. The goal is to offer a true secret agent fantasy – and letting players use their various tools and abilities in the way they want is key to this.

• Halal 3

So we are Splinter Cell as well?!?! It seems to be abandoning the run and gun of old for stealth/gun/hide style. So I wonder what or if any multiplayer options will be offered because of this new style of gameplay. 

Bah! They changed the font!

35 minutes ago, silentbob said:

So I wonder what or if any multiplayer options will be offered because of this new style of gameplay. 

If I can't Aztec Temple with Laptop Guns, N-Bombs, and FunPersonalitySims, then what's this all been about? What am I preordering towards?

Team Perfect Dark doesn’t want this to feel like any one genre – it takes in elements of first-person shooters, immersive sims, and stealth-action, but blends them into a seamless whole. The goal is to offer a true secret agent fantasy – and letting players use their various tools and abilities in the way they want is key to this.

So basically... an immersive sim in 2024. :/   No need to pretend you're reinventing the wheel.

'True secret agent fantasy' for me is as much about the fun of the escape as it is the job.  Hope they can deliver on that front.

14 hours ago, legend said:

You know, I'm pretty sure I played Perfect Dark Zero and I can't remember a damn thing about it.

I remember the controls feeling awful and the game world having that mid-late 2000s “everything is smooth and shiny” aesthetic that made games look like plastic toys and play sets. 

9 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

So basically... an immersive sim in 2024. :/   No need to pretend you're reinventing the wheel.

I fear the game is going to feel like an odd mishmash. Too much immersive sim to slow down the pace of the action, but also too little that the game still feels like it is on rails. 

• Halal 1

15 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Say what you will about PDZ but I enjoyed the super broken multiplayer action. Plus it still has one of my favourite gaming sniper rifles because of the glorious analog multi zoom trigger function. 

My buddies and I played the hell out of PDZ mp on 360. Phenomenal memories. 

• 2 weeks later...

It looked good.  Finally we get to see it and it didn’t disappoint.  What’s funny to me is what I seen looked like this game would’ve been a good fit for a developer like Arkane and Microsoft gets rid of them.  

• Halal 1

On 6/10/2024 at 12:52 PM, silentbob said:

Say what you will about PDZ but I enjoyed the super broken multiplayer action. Plus it still has one of my favourite gaming sniper rifles because of the glorious analog multi zoom trigger function. 

I hated that feature so much.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

I hated that feature so much.  

Thought it was better then most double click joystick to zoom like in Halo series. Found it easier to jump out of and take cover when needed. Plus I found it easier for tracking moving opponents 

I could never get the hang of it.  I had to feather the trigger so lightly in the middle of a firefight and I felt like the game rarely put me in a situation where I needed different levels of zoom often enough to justify it.