Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26, 2024) Discussion Thread - update (07/19): "Final" trailer (major spoiler so be advised)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26, 2024) Discussion Thread - update (05/20): tickets are now on sale
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26, 2024) Discussion Thread - update (05/30): popcorn bucket revealed
  • 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I'm worried this looks really dumb to me..

The two trailers were pretty great (a rare time where I watched them since I love Deadpool the character so much) and Ryan Reynolds loves this character. Shawn Levy (the director) has always been hit or miss with me (I don't think he's as good as Tim Miller or David Leitch, the directors that preceded him for Deadpool 1 and 2, respectively) but he's gotten a lot better in recent years since his stint on Stranger Things so I'd say there's hope. Also helps that the writing duo of Rhett Rheese and Paul Wernick, who wrote the first two films (as well as the two Zombieland films) are back writing this one with Reynolds, who they wrote with on the first two films. 

• Halal 1

34 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The two trailers were pretty great (a rare time where I watched them since I love Deadpool the character so much) and Ryan Reynolds loves this character. Shawn Levy (the director) has always been hit or miss with me (I don't think he's as good as Tim Miller or David Leitch, the directors that preceded him for Deadpool 1 and 2, respectively) but he's gotten a lot better in recent years since his stint on Stranger Things so I'd say there's hope. Also helps that the writing duo of Rhett Rheese and Paul Wernick, who wrote the first two films (as well as the two Zombieland films) are back writing this one with Reynolds, who they wrote with on the first two films. 

How much shooting did they get through during the period where the writers were on strike but the actors weren't? Filming while not being able to improvise lines always worried me on this one.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

How much shooting did they get through during the period where the writers were on strike but the actors weren't? Filming while not being able to improvise lines always worried me on this one.

This was an issue but I wouldn't worry too much about it. The film was shutdown during the strikes, it had completed 35 days of shooting at that point with another 35 days of shooting to go. Additionally, down the road there were the typical reshoots. So the second half - the 35 days of shooting, were not affected by Ryan Reynolds not being able to create/write improvised script lines. And neither were the reshoots. And ADR is always employed once shooting is done and ADR will also not be affected by the strikes. So I do think the impact will ultimately be minimal based on what I've read.

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

This was an issue but I wouldn't worry too much about it. The film was shutdown during the strikes, it had completed 35 days of shooting at that point with another 35 days of shooting to go. Additionally, down the road there were the typical reshoots. So the second half - the 35 days of shooting, were not affected by Ryan Reynolds not being able to create/write improvised script lines. And neither were the reshoots. And ADR is always employed once shooting is done and ADR will also not be affected by the strikes. So I do think the impact will ultimately be minimal based on what I've read.

That's good.

This is being shown on IMAX screens but it doesn't actually use IMAX cameras right? Tempted to go out to the nearest real IMAX screen but a lot of the showings are already completely sold out other than maybe one shitty corner seat so trying to figure out if it's actually worth hunting for a workable showing time.

• Hype 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can get mini chimichangas and a Deadpool antenna ball (for those people who still drive a car with an antenna) at Jack in the Box

I think the cross section of people who eat at Jack in The Box and still drive cars with antenna is pretty damned high.

• Haha 2
  • True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26, 2024) Discussion Thread - update (07/19): "Final" trailer (major spoiler so be advised)