Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

people are speculating he'll start coming in soon to "unite" the party. We'll see how that works out. Joe's tweet about Bernie

I think he's talking to you guys here, @johnny @b_m_b_m_b_m @Jason @SaysWho? and others.

I will say this, did Hilldawg reach out to Bernie's folks like this in 2016? I don't remember that she did.

He's got no message he needs to give me; I've voted Democratic since 2006.

If you're talking about him seeing and hearing me, actions speak louder. We'll see who his VP pick is, his ideas for a Cabinet, and if he wants to choose more Republicans than progressives to circle him.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah he definitely sees something in Bernie supporters that he can potentially exploit. Is he wrong?

:rolleyes:

He'd be making this play at the supporters of whichever candidate didn't get the nomination.

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:

It’s an area Republicans have consistently done well.

My mom is a "The courts are worth it" Republican in regards to Trump. I do think that message has been much more effective with the GOP faithful.

53 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

people are speculating he'll start coming in soon to "unite" the party. We'll see how that works out. Joe's tweet about Bernie

I think he's talking to you guys here, @johnny @b_m_b_m_b_m @Jason @SaysWho? and others.

I will say this, did Hilldawg reach out to Bernie's folks like this in 2016? I don't remember that she did.

I mean, I'm gonna vote for him. I won't like it, and I'm very concerned about him as a candidate and  for what he represents but I'll do it because Trump is so much worse

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Bernie never really gave her a chance.

“Russ Feingold sent a flare up and said ‘I need help,’ ” Manley said, but it went largely ignored.

Feingold, a former Democratic senator from Wisconsin, had long been favored to win his race against Sen. Ron Johnson. He ended up losing to the Republican incumbent, as Clinton’s collapse contributed to the downfall of Democratic Senate candidates.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/305339-clinton-world-dumbfounded-by-hillarys-election-defeat

6 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

And the "he's gotta earn my vote" sentiment who never respected anyone else saying Bernie had to earn theirs is pretty damn rich.

Show us on this doll where the Berniebros touched you.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

Biden seems way more ready to reach out to the left than Hillary ever did. Then again, he is able to use her as a past example to work off of.

I've actually been re-reading Shattered this year. God Almighty, was her campaign terrible.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

I've actually been re-reading Shattered this year. God almighty, was her campaign terrible.

Absolutely wonderful politician and super smart, but oh my fuck is she bad at campaigns.

27 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

It did in fact make it awkward because of how obvious it was he kept himself off her team.

That would only prove how dumb she was. "Oh no, Bernie doesn't like me and isn't returning my calls. I know what I should do - make no effort to reach out to his base!"

Also: https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/politics/bernie-sanders-umbrage-clinton-2016/index.html

So GTFO with this idea that Sanders somehow went around keying Clinton's car. He fought hard, and longer than he should have, but once she was the nominee he campaigned for her, and she did almost nothing to reach out to his base (or really anyone). Her campaign was horrible, and Sanders can't be blamed for that.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

That would only prove how dumb she was. "Oh no, Bernie doesn't like me and isn't returning my calls. I know what I should do - make no effort to reach out to his base!"

Why do that or help Russ Feingold when you can instead try to run up the score in Arizona, even though you have the money to do all of those things?

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also: https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/politics/bernie-sanders-umbrage-clinton-2016/index.html

So GTFO with this idea that Sanders somehow went around keying Clinton's car. He fought hard, and longer than he should have, but once she was the nominee he campaigned for her, and she did almost nothing to reach out to his base (or really anyone). Her campaign was horrible, and Sanders can't be blamed for that.

Better be careful criticizing his girl like that. You’ll make him very angry for telling the truth. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

:lol: In a way, you're not wrong. But he was better at campaigning than many of us realized at the time.

The one thing Trump has done extremely well is engage people on social media in a way no other politician has. Trump knows how to get his message out to his people. It might be terrible ramblings of a mad man, but he gets it out there in ways no one else is doing. I think that's his been "secret" to consistently over performing. 

38 minutes ago, Jose said:

Absolutely wonderful politician and super smart, but oh my fuck is she bad at campaigns.

Campaigning is like 75% of what it means to be a politician in America :p 

2 minutes ago, Dodger said:

The one thing Trump has done extremely well is engage people on social media in a way no other politician has. Trump knows how to get his message out to his people. It might be terrible ramblings of a mad man, but he gets it out there in ways no one else is doing. I think that's his been "secret" to consistently over performing. 

Exactly. He can spend less money because he knows how to get earned media and change the subject.