Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

"It ain't over till the fat lady sings" Bernie still thinks he can be the Democratic nominee

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) acknowledged Monday night that he has an “admittedly narrow path” to overtake Joe Biden in the Democratic presidential race, but he insisted he could still become the party’s nominee.

Sanders, who appeared on the “Late Night with Seth Meyers” show via Skype, has fallen behind Biden by more than 300 delegates in the suspended Democratic contest and would need to win more than 60 percent of those still up for grabs to catch the former vice president.

“It is admittedly a narrow path, but I would tell you, Seth, that there are a lot of people who are supporting me,” Sanders said. “We have a strong grass-roots movement who believe that we have got to stay in, in order to continue the fight to make the world know that we need Medicare-for-all, that we need to raise the minimum wage to a living wage, that we need paid family and medical leave.”

Yeah he ain't dropping out which is why I made the point earlier that this thing wasn't over.

He recently said he wants to debate Biden in April. His team announced it is expanding digital organizing efforts ahead of the New York primary, which on Saturday was moved from April 28 to June 23. And Sanders has signaled a strong desire to use his campaign megaphone to advocate for liberal policies.

During his 2016 bid, he remained in the race well past the point where he had a realistic chance of catching Hillary Clinton, the eventual Democratic nominee, in the delegate count.

Biden currently has 1,094 delegates to the Democratic National Convention, while Sanders has 817, according the The Washington Post’s latest tally.

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

USPS could be closed by June as stimulus bill provides no funding

Can't have elections by mail if there is no postal service.

giphy.gif

Conservatives want this to happen: one of the last major government services that can truly be privatized, and the unions gutted. They've got a chubby for this. They've already successfully hamstrung it prior to this

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Conservatives want this to happen: one of the last major government services that can truly be privatized, and the unions gutted. They've got a chubby for this. They've already successfully hamstrung it prior to this

I never understood the weird obsession with gutting the USPS, private carriers tend to be trash and expensive.  Hell just over the weekend I had FedEx drop a package off on my porch that wasn't for me, when I called them they told me the department that would handle that has the weekend off.

12 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I never understood the weird obsession with gutting the USPS, private carriers tend to be trash and expensive.  Hell just over the weekend I had FedEx drop a package off on my porch that wasn't for me, when I called them they told me the department that would handle that has the weekend off.

Because without the USPS, stock in FedEx and UPS would gain in value. No investors are making bank off the USPS, so there's nobody to bribe donate to Republican campaigns.

19 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

YMMV.  Everytime I have to interact with a post office, it's anything but pleasant.  The workers are never helpful:  I had to send a letter via certified mail, so I grapped a priority mail envelope and put the letter in there, and I was told I couldn't use that envelope to do certified mail, but they didn't tell me what I should use.  I ended up sending in priority anyways and it cost $24 .  The next time I had to send a letter, I just put it in a regular large envelope and it cost $4. 

My interactions with UPS and Fed Ex are generally positive.  

51 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I always have positive interactions with USPS.

I have all but one time. I had something that was supposed to be delivered but I had to sign for it. I didn’t know that and missed it the first time. No big deal, I’ll schedule re-delivery. This time I’m HOME and the person definitely didn’t knock or ring the doorbell and left the we missed you slip in the mailbox. So I say fuck it, I’ll go in and get it. I go in to get it and they say “oh it’s on a truck for re-delivery”. I had a screenshot saying I scheduled to pick it up at the post office. So I say.... if I come tomorrow is it gonna be here? Guy says yes it will. I go in the next day and they spend like 20 minutes looking for it but at least they had it. Christ. 

I have nothing but issues with UPS. They charge the highest fees for processing import fees and only till recently did they even give you a call to give you a choice to use someone else. They charge $35+ (which is taxed) to fill out a small form on top of the actual import tax. On one package the seller accidently wrote the wrong purchase value and UPS jacked up their fee to $65 for something listed with a customs value of $150 (was suppose to be $100, luckily the company shipping the item gave me a partial refund over it). I also tend to get more packages damaged when shipped by UPS, they give me the worse rates on shipping quotes and at one store a guy had me fill out 5 pages for customs when normally for others it's just a simple line item.

Stuff sent by USPS I have zero issues with (Canada post only charges $5 to process tax and makes it easy for me to pay for). FedEx has higher fees than Canada Post but nowhere as bad as UPS plus they will send you a letter in the mail so you can pay it at a later date (though I do hate that I have to call every time to pay by credit card). DHL also much like FedEx gives me very few issues and makes it easier to pay customs. Actually over all Canada Post is my favorite because often times if the value of the item is too low (under $50) they'll just pass on charging customs for it. 

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Speaking of delivery services...

Amazon needs to turn that person's personal information over to the local police and be made available to those who request it for a civil suit. Fuck that person.

On 9/18/2019 at 7:03 AM, SaysWho? said:

This never got followed up:

The progressive beat the conservative Dem.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I even upvoted it at the time. :lol: 

You know why I think I missed it? I searched his last name and didn't find it, but I think it's because it's in the tweet and not written on the board.

You mean you don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of what I post here?

I'm hurt.

• Sad 1

Bernie is on CNN being interviewed by Anderson Cooper right now.

EDIT: Bernie just said "The calculus has shifted.." regarding him staying in the race. Not sure what that means but you'll be hearing about it sooner or later. His focus seems to have shifted to passing legislation that workers who have jobs stay on payrolls with the government footing the bill.

"it's only gonna get the libs so fuck em"

The most dangerous gerrymander in the country there.

But evers shouldn't have waited until now anyway.

But he's just a symptom of the political rot. Our political system is loaded with morons from top to bottom, left to right because they've had 50+ good years to coast.

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"it's only gonna get the libs so fuck em"

The most dangerous gerrymander in the country there.

But evers shouldn't have waited until now anyway.

But he's just a symptom of the political rot. Our political system is loaded with morons from top to bottom, left to right because they've had 50+ good years to coast.

Theres still a GOP primary even if Trump is the only one on the ballot, and those idiots have been showing up in huge numbers to vote for Dear leader, and will probably do it now, cause this virus is all overblown anyways!

Biden has had conversations with Bernie Sanders about potential V.P. Picks

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-talks-sanders-about-moving-forward-vetting-potential-vp-candidates-n1176571

In a virtual fundraiser with donors Friday night, former Vice President Joe Biden said that he has formally alerted Sen. Bernie Sanders that he will move forward with a vice presidential vetting process even though neither has become the Democratic nominee.

He also disclosed to donors participating in the billed “fireside chat” that he has had casual conversations with emerging leaders in the Democratic Party about possibly serving in his administration if he’s elected President of the United States.