Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

I suppose it could be Tammy Baldwin. I have no strong feelings about her versus Witmer. Klobuchar was mentioned earlier in the thread; my point was I’d rather Biden try to use his VP pick to carry a state that’s more competitive than Minnesota (not that MN is a lock).

8 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Biden brings everybody except young people who don't turnout anyways. Midwest seems to be key to 270. Might as well lock it in.

Warren would be a good choice for tossing a bone to the Bernie contingent and as said above Biden already delivers the midwest.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm not sure Amy adds more to Biden's appeal to Mid-western voters. It's more important, I think, that Biden picks someone that non-Bernie-brainwashed Progressives can get excited about. The only reason I think Warren shouldn't be the pick is that you would have both candidates at the top of the ticket in their 70's. Otherwise its a no-brainer that Warren should be the pick.

The main reason not to pick Warren is that she'd probably be better as Senate Majority Leader.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Warren would be a good choice for tossing a bone to the Bernie contingent and as said above Biden already delivers the midwest.

The main reason not to pick Warren is that she'd probably be better as Senate Majority Leader.

Dems are recapturing the Senate? And if so would she be in line to be the Majority Leader?  Also picking Warren wouldn't appease Bernie's minions... they already hate her and blame her for him losing a lot of states on super Tuesday. Her not immediately endorsing him has added to that disdain as well.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Dems are recapturing the Senate? And if so would she be in line to be the Majority Leader? 

Majority or minority leader, but they certainly have a shot at the Senate as the map is way better than 2018, to which the Democratic Blue Wave helped stem losses to about two. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Dems are recapturing the Senate? And if so would she be in line to be the Majority Leader?  Also picking Warren wouldn't appease Bernie's minions... they already hate her and blame her for him losing a lot of states on super Tuesday. Her not immediately endorsing him has added to that disdain as well.

If they win the presidency, they are probably taking the Senate as well.

I think a pandemic helps the guy who is pounding the desk about universal single payer health care with no out of pocket costs, universal paid leave, etc. The question for me is does Biden’s appeal as a return to Obama era “stability” and “normalcy” outweigh the policy wins Sanders has here?

It’s the closest thing to an October Surprise as you’ll get in a primary, so it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

And you will get to stay salty even though your guy is winning. Kind of similar to how Trump fans act.

Biden is my guy? That's quite something to say to someone you're accusing of holding a grudge. Sounds more like you're reflexively defending Sanders by sidestepping the facts and hoping to make the discussion about me rather than the failures of one Bernie Sanders' campaign.

lol .. Biden is my guy. Idiotic.

13 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Tribalism is a hell of a drug.

Dude, I am Canadian and have openly said that I support whoever is the nominee. All are better than Trump, and all are worse than any similar leader in Canada.

If there were a thread about Street Fighter II and someone said "haha, you know what, I am high and Guile kind of looks like Bernie Sanders," you'd pop in to rant about how he needs to drop out. Just give it up. We know Sanders is going to lose. Some think he should drop out now because it somehow strengthens Biden in the general (I don't see this as true) and others say he should stay in because he might force Biden to shift left to counter him (I don't see this as true, either).

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Dude, I am Canadian and have openly said that I support whoever is the nominee. All are better than Trump, and all are worse than any similar leader in Canada.

If there were a thread about Street Fighter II and someone said "haha, you know what, I am high and Guile kind of looks like Bernie Sanders," you'd pop in to rant about how he needs to drop out. Just give it up. We know Sanders is going to lose. Some think he should drop out now because it somehow strengthens Biden in the general (I don't see this as true) and others say he should stay in because he might force Biden to shift left to counter him (I don't see this as true, either).

You think I forgot you're Canadian? You don't have to be eligible to vote for Sanders to drink his kool-aid and if this is your reaction to my relatively mild statement, especially knee-jerking and saying that Biden is "my guy," then I recommend getting your stomach pumped. You're being totally absurd right now.

Sanders spent more time in 2016 running a losing race that he pretended was winnable. He's committing to staying in the 2020 race already. These are facts. But the suggestion that he's doing it cynically is beyond the pale? That the most appropriate reaction for you was to attack me at length rather than address the facts? FOH.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Like Bernie Sanders would NEVER do something cynical and self serving. Give me a fucking break.

I mean, this is pretty much his whole reputation in the Senate amongst his peers. It's why he has a very thin record of actually getting shit done over the course of his 30 plus year career.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

If there were a thread about Street Fighter II and someone said "haha, you know what, I am high and Guile kind of looks like Bernie Sanders," you'd pop in to rant about how he needs to drop out. 

lol, I did. 

So anyway, I find it ironic that, with the health care system getting swamped in the next few weeks and the amount of people who could have their insurance interrupted or lose it entirely, his message is more important than ever, yet because of how dominating this story is, it's not getting as much attention.