Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Brick said:

Warren is still the best choice, but she might be too smart for the dumbfucks and scare them away. 

I kind of wonder why Warren hasn't resonated better with people. She's actually really good at breaking down her policies and being able to explain them directly to someone. The Vox video on her covered some of that but there are many good examples out there. I also do agree that I think she is the best choice in this field (bern being second to at least try to shift the overtone to the left)

14 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I kind of wonder why Warren hasn't resonated better with people. She's actually really good at breaking down her policies and being able to explain them directly to someone. The Vox video on her covered some of that but there are many good examples out there. I also do agree that I think she is the best choice in this field (bern being second to at least try to shift the overtone to the left)

I saw a suggestion recently that she talks too wonky/college educated for a lot of people. The same person also suggested that college educated people don't see anything wrong with the way she speaks because they're used to it, and can't appreciate why it doesn't connect. 

Compare to someone like Bernie who's better at getting the points across in a way that you don't have to be college educated to connect with. 

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I don't like Warren, but this is a sexism

It's not sexism.  Her speaking gate is awkward and doesn't instill confidence.  I think O'Rourke was in the same category.  Now I didn't agree with either of the policy positions admittedly, but they were both bad speakers. 

7 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

It's not sexism.  Her speaking gate is awkward and doesn't instill confidence.  I think O'Rourke was in the same category.  Now I didn't agree with either of the policy positions admittedly, but they were both bad speakers. 

I'd bet folding money that you or no one else would ever describe Beto as "shrill". Just sayin...

• Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

"Shrill" is invariably applied to women, without exception.  It's become inherently sexist terminology because of that.

I'm betting that Biden promised the Mayoist either Defense or National Security Advisor.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered a cabinet position by both Biden and Sanders.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Someone on CNN was saying that Biden's team has also talked to Klubochar, but want her to remain in until after ST because otherwise Sanders runs away with Minnesota.

Warren already asked Klobuchar to do the same. Sanders is getting boned and this is what will actually lead to his people staying home in November.

7 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If Warren is the nominee you’re going to hear guys say she’s shrill and that it’s not that they don’t think we’re ready for a woman president, just not that woman as president. The same thing they’d say no matter who the woman on a Democratic ticket would be. 

I mean you guys already had that with Hillary Clinton; "it's time for a woman president, just not this woman". 

10 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If Warren is the nominee you’re going to hear guys say she’s shrill and that it’s not that they don’t think we’re ready for a woman president, just not that woman as president. The same thing they’d say no matter who the woman on a Democratic ticket would be. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Obama congratulates Biden but is not yet endorsing anyone

But more importantly, Obama still thinks his most valuable role is to try and unify the party.

"He feels that he's singularly positioned to help unify the party at the end of this," the Obama confidant said. "And if he were try to put his thumb on the scale now, it would take away his ability to do so when it's most needed -- the general election."

The person added: "So he's prepared to play a vigorous role in coalescing the party around the nominee and working to defeat Trump, but weighing in now likely only divides things worse and weakens his standing for when the Party will need it most."

I can see that, and I can also see how Biden would do well if the older voters will vote anyway without a GOTV operation.

Then again, GOTV operations are good at getting unlikely voters, so we'll see! I'll vote for Biden in the general, but I'd be more excited about Sanders.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-buttigieg-dropping-out-isnt-good-for-sanders/

Screen-Shot-2020-03-01-at-7.35.27-PM.png

At first glance, this might seem counterintuitive. How does a candidate dropping out increase the likelihood of no majority? Shouldn’t it clear the field up and make it easier to achieve a majority?

The key is in how the Democrats’ delegate math works. The rules require candidates to receive at least 15 percent of the vote, typically, to win delegates statewide or at the district-level.

Buttigieg was projected to get under 15 percent in the vast majority of states and districts on Super Tuesday. Thus, his votes were essentially wasted.

Redistributing his votes to other candidates will help them to meet the 15 percent threshold, however. In particular, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg were both close to the 15 percent line in many states or districts.