Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

7 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Plus the attack aren't even that bad, but it was enough to trigger Warren

Tbh this should be the story with that. The memo was real, but unauthorized and removed from the slack channel, but it also correctly characterized Warren's electoral support. It's also an identity based attack that is not characteristic of the campaign or Bernie himself

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Oh yes. I can only view the standard slate of Democrats as center-right with Bernie/Warren being center to center-left. When someone like Biden is considered centrist and he can't just fully support marijuana legalization, then everyone's just making up what the center is. It's mostly a media concoction and political concoction.

I definitely assumed you didn't get the joke at first, but now you have me questioning myself because it was such an obvious (and not funny) joke.

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

I definitely assumed you didn't get the joke at first, but now you have me questioning myself because it was such an obvious (and not funny) joke.

It's an easy joke. But it doesn't make sense to me because:

1) Biden and Butti have been going after each other for the past month, and

2) The people that others call "far-left" have the most sensible positions. So I like to think Biden/Butti are aware that they're center-right candidates. :p 

My favorite thing about posting on Reset is the European perspective, when someone chimes in, "You know, I've been looking at Sanders' positions because I keep hearing Americans say he's far-left, but he seems to have pretty standard positions?" In the meantime, Biden doesn't support marijuana legalization and is considered "centrist," while Republicans can't even admit humans contribute heavily to climate change and they're simply considered conservative.

So imo, Warren/Bernie are not far-left; we just have right-wing politicians and I think we need to change the conversation. And as such, I will correct the bad jokes. :flag:  :p 

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It's an easy joke. But it doesn't make sense to me because:

1) Biden and Butti have been going after each other for the past month, and

2) The people that others call "far-left" have the most sensible positions. So I like to think Biden/Butti are aware that they're center-right candidates. :p 

My favorite thing about posting on Reset is the European perspective, when someone chimes in, "You know, I've been looking at Sanders' positions because I keep hearing Americans say he's far-left, but he seems to have pretty standard positions?" In the meantime, Biden doesn't support marijuana legalization and is considered "centrist," while Republicans can't even admit humans contribute heavily to climate change and they're simply considered conservative.

So imo, Warren/Bernie are not far-left; we just have right-wing politicians and I think we need to change the conversation. And as such, I will correct the bad jokes. :flag:  :p 

He didn't say far-left though, he said left-wing. I agree with you, however, and we probably shouldn't waste more time on this tangent lol.

• Haha 1

Left/right spectrum talk is all relative to the place you are talking about. In America, Warren and Sanders are certainly not holders of centrist policies on the whole.

But I see you’ve settled this so never mind :p

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Left/right spectrum talk is all relative to the place you are talking about. In America, Warren and Sanders are certainly not holders of centrist policies on the whole.

But I see you’ve settled this so never mind :p

I get it, and I get why someone saw that and thought, "I don't think you got the joke, dumbass." I just disagree with the premise.

But yes, this is probably a conversation for another time! :p 

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

I think all the evidence points to Sanders being a stronger candidate than Warren, at least from a polling standpoint (head to heads with Trump and with Dems).

And his brain isn't turning into mush like Biden!

I wish he was 20 years younger but the party has expelled from the party anyone that age with similar views

44 minutes ago, chakoo said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/14/sanders-admits-anti-warren-script-early-states-098786

"Sanders camp admits anti-Warren script was deployed in multiple early states
Sanders initially attributed the talking points to rogue staffers, and supporters launched an online campaign to convince people the document was fake."

the matrix mouth GIF

Yeah, the best thing that could happen here is for Biden to tank.

It really amazes just how many Democrats (or people who just don’t want Trump to get re-elected) don’t realize how badly Biden will be squashed in a general election against Trump.  It’ll be Burisma and Hunter Biden-centric attacks 24/7, all of which will gain extra heft once Trump is acquitted.  I really don’t understand why they can’t see it.

16 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

It really amazes just how many Democrats (or people who just don’t want Trump to get re-elected) don’t realize how badly Biden will be squashed in a general election against Trump.  It’ll be Burisma and Hunter Biden-centric attacks 24/7, all of which will gain extra heft once Trump is acquitted.  I really don’t understand why they can’t see it.

The GOP will manufacture plenty of attacks on any one of the Democratic candidates quite effectively, but I agree that Biden is the weakest from a corruption angle.  

12 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Tbh every single Dem is going to get an open investigation from Barr's doj. Bernie is the college, Warren take your pick of state bar paperwork or her corporate work, booti campaign finance or corruption in South bend, etc. Just get ready for it

11 hours ago, Massdriver said:

I think the opposite. She's desperate. Look at her poll numbers.

Except when we try to think of a single situation where complaining about sexism works out, examples are sorely lacking. I mean just look at the reaction here. Assuming Warren released it is assuming too much. Maybe she did, but I can't assume that she would be so totally clueless as to not see that it would backfire.

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

A shame he's probably pretty much done, not having qualified for the debate.

If I were a true Yang partisan, I'd say he got screwed by the DNC, which didn't conduct polls over the holidays, and refused his request for more polls to be conducted--essentially disregarding any momentum he (or anyone else) may have gained since the last debate.  Steyer only snuck in because he pumped money into his own pollsters in states that aren't being contested right now.

But, being more of a troll-ish Yang supporter, I'm okay with shrugging my shoulders and saying "Them's the breaks."

I'd still argue that he'd do better in the general against Trump than any other candidate right now aside from Warren or Sanders.  No idea how he'd fare as president--I could see him being a big flop, a tremendous mediocrity, or a surprising success.