Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Update: 

Republicans who are running:

800px-Donald_Trump_official_portrait_(cr

Donald Trump - US President

800px-Rep_Joe_Walsh.jpg

Joe Walsh - Radio Host, Former US Representative from Illinois

800px-Bill_Weld_campaign_portrait.jpg

Bill Weld - Former Governor from Massachusetts, Former VP Candidate on 2016 Libertarian Ticket

Democrats who are running:

800px-Michael_Bennet_Official_Photo.jpg

Michael Bennet - U.S. Senator from Colorado

800px-Joe_Biden_2013.jpg

Joe Biden - Former Vice President of the United States

800px-Michael_Bloomberg_by_Gage_Skidmore

Michael Bloomberg - Former Mayor of New York City

800px-Pete_Buttigieg_in_February_2019.jp

Pete Buttigieg - Mayor of South Bend 

800px-John_Delaney_113th_Congress_offici

John Delaney - Former US Representative of Maryland's 6th District 

800px-Tulsi_Gabbard,_official_portrait,_

Tulsi Gabbard - US Representative from Hawaii's 2nd District 

800px-Amy_Klobuchar,_official_portrait,_

Amy Klobuchar - US Senator from Minnesota

Deval_Patrick_official_photo.jpg

Deval Patrick - Former Governor of Massachusetts

Bernie_Sanders.jpg

Bernie Sanders - US Senator from Vermont

800px-Tom_Steyer_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Tom Steyer - Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager

800px-Elizabeth_Warren,_official_portrai

Elizabeth Warren - US Senator from Massachusetts

800px-Marianne_Williamson_-_33252886458_

Marianne Williamson - Activist

800px-Andrew_Yang_talking_about_urban_en

Andrew Yang - Entrepreneur and founder of Venture for America

DROPPED OUT

Bill de Blasio - Mayor of New York City

Cory Booker - US Senator from New Jersey

Steve Bullock - Governor of Montana

Julián Castro - Former mayor of San Antonio and Former Secretary of House and Urban Development under Obama

Kirsten Gillibrand - US Senator from New York

Mike Gravel - Former Senator from Alaska

Kamala Harris - US Senator from California

John Hickenlooper - Former Governor of Colorado

Jay Inslee - Governor of Washington

Wayne Messam - Mayor from Miramar, Florida

Seth Moulton - US Representative from Massachusetts

Richard Ojeda - Former State Senator from West Virginia

Beto O'Rourke - Former US Representative from Texas

Tim Ryan - US Representative from Ohio

Mark Sanford (R) - Former Governor from South Carolina

Joe Sestak - Former U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania

Eric Swalwell - U.S. Representative from California

9 minutes ago, elbobo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/politics/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-meeting/index.html

Will be very interesting to see what becomes of this, if Warren says it is not true you are going to have both Bernie and Trump screaming fake news at CNN

Why couldn't this non story run while I was busy all weekend

1 hour ago, Jwheel86 said:

This is definitely going to come up tomorrow, but an interesting twist would be asking Biden if a woman can win. 50-50 chance he screws up the answer. 

"Listen I got a lot of respect for broads. But it would need to be a classy broad, you get what I'm saying? What? Oh yeah, sorry, I'll stop massaging this audience member."

I am of a similar (initial) opinion on the matter as this poster on Resetera:

I think it's entirely plausible that Bernie said "You know, seeing the sexism against Hillary, it's entirely possible that you'd have an uphill struggle." And that would be accurate.

I don't believe for one second that Bernie said "A woman can't win, you're wasting your time."

His comments from 1987 make me believe this even more:

More than anyone else in politics, Bernie Sanders hasn't really changed his core beliefs over his career. I could see him acknowledge to Warren that she may have a tougher time winning because she is a woman, but I can't see him saying she couldn't win, nor advise her not to run.

14 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I am of a similar (initial) opinion on the matter as this poster on Resetera:

His comments from 1987 make me believe this even more:

More than anyone else in politics, Bernie Sanders hasn't really changed his core beliefs over his career. I could see him acknowledge to Warren that she may have a tougher time winning because she is a woman, but I can't see him saying she couldn't win, nor advise her not to run.

this is what probably did happen but Warren is leaning into it in a way to cloud the waters as much as possible by including zero nuance, terrible way to do things.

“Bernie and I met for more than two hours in December 2018 to discuss the 2020 election, our past work together and our shared goals: beating Donald Trump, taking back our government from the wealthy and well-connected, and building an economy that works for everyone,” Warren said in a statement. “Among the topics that came up was what would happen if Democrats nominated a female candidate. I thought a woman could win; he disagreed.”

Washington Post is refuting this.

Two people with knowledge of the conversation at the 2018 dinner at Warren’s home told The Washington Post that Warren brought up the issue by asking Sanders whether he believed a woman could win. One of the people with knowledge of the conversation said Sanders did not say a woman couldn’t win but rather that Trump would use nefarious tactics against the Democratic nominee.

“What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could,” Sanders said in the statement. “Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016.”

9 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Warren and 3 other sources say Bernie said it. Bernie and 2 others sources say he did not. 

I guess she got tired of Bernie volunteers going around trashing her as Bernie plays innocent. Let them fight it out. 

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Warren and 3 other sources say Bernie said it. Bernie and 2 others sources say he did not. 

I guess she got tired of Bernie volunteers going around trashing her as Bernie plays innocent. Let them fight it out. 

That may be the tamest trashing I've ever seen.

4 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Image result for biden and buttigieg picture

How about the one where the two left wing candidates shred each other apart 3 weeks before voting starts?

*centrist candidates

Biden doesn't even believe in marijuana legalization. Besides, Buttigieg and Biden have gone at it for weeks.

And Klobuchar has gone after Butti. They all need to get a coalition that appeals to the center-right part of the base.

17 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Complaining about it isn't going to work against Trump. 

Well purposely leaking out something and then coming out and admitting it is not the same as complaining and it's certainly a way of standing up to his staff.

Plus, assuming her strategy against Bernie will be the same as her strategy against Trump is bizarre and unfounded.

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I think the joke is that Butti and Biden are joking about the leftist candidates going after each other while sitting on the sideline and laughing.

I know what the joke is. :p 

But the joke would make more sense if they were actually working as a team, which they clearly haven't been.

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Like what?

That one unauthorized memo from the slack channel?

I read two articles about it. One was from Politico and one was Vox, and Bernie's campaign refused to deny the authenticity of the documents in both articles. Bernie goes on to say that he never says anything bad about Warren. Get real. Bernie knows what's going on with this. He's not a saint. Plus the attack aren't even that bad, but it was enough to trigger Warren.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I know what the joke is. :p 

But the joke would make more sense if they were actually working as a team, which they clearly haven't been.

Wait, why did you asterisk centrist candidates? You think Bernie and Warren are centrist?!

Just now, Jose said:

Wait, why did you asterisk centrist candidates? You think Bernie and Warren are centrist?!

Oh yes. I can only view the standard slate of Democrats as center-right with Bernie/Warren being center to center-left. When someone like Biden is considered centrist and he can't just fully support marijuana legalization, then everyone's just making up what the center is. It's mostly a media concoction and political concoction.