Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

here are the times if there is someone in particular you want to watch

• Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro will be interviewed by CNN's Wolf Blitzer at 5 p.m. ET
  • Businessman Andrew Yang, who will also be interviewed by Blitzer, will come on at 5:40 p.m.
  • California Sen. Kamala Harris will be interviewed by CNN's Erin Burnett at 6:20 p.m.
  • Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who will also be interviewed by Burnett, will appear at 7 p.m.
  • Former Vice President Joe Biden will be interviewed by CNN's Anderson Cooper at 8 p.m.
  • Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who will also be interviewed by Cooper, will be on at 8:40 p.m.
  • Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren will be interviewed by CNN's Chris Cuomo at 9:20 p.m.
  • South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who will also be interviewed by Cuomo at 10 p.m.
  • Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke will appear with CNN's Don Lemon at 10:40 p.m.
  • New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker will also be interviewed by Lemon and will come on at 11:20 p.m.

Energy-saving light bulbs are the latest Obama-era environmental initiative to face a rollback by the Trump administration. The Department of Energy finalized a rule Wednesday that will block new federal efficiency standards for certain light bulbs from going into effect as scheduled in January. Critics say the rule change will lead to higher electricity bills and harmful greenhouse gas emissions.

The new regulation withdraws requirements that three-way light bulbs and the specialty bulbs used in recessed lighting, chandeliers and other types of decorative fixtures meet higher energy efficiency standards.

"What's saved is not worth it, for the little they save, and what people were going through, it was not worth it," President Donald Trump told reporters at the White House Wednesday. "And price was another thing." 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-rolls-back-obama-era-regulations-on-energy-efficient-light-bulbs/

I just don't understand this bullshit! Why wouldn't you want to use the most energy efficient lightbulbs available that cause the least amount of pollution. Wouldn't switching back even cost the companies more since they switched over to new equipment probably to manufacture these new bulbs?

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What was up with Biden's eye?

Not sure about that but he was caught in another lie. https://www.vox.com/2019/9/4/20850323/joe-biden-fundraiser-fossil-fuel-andrew-goldman 

Former Vice President Joe Biden was seemingly unaware that one of the co-hosts of a campaign fundraiser he is scheduled to attend on Thursday is the co-founder of a fossil fuel company — at least until he was asked about the fundraiser at a CNN climate town hall on climate change Wednesday night.

The man in question is Andrew Goldman, a co-founder of Houston-based company Western LNG, which produces and transports natural gas. Goldman was a senior adviser for Biden when the 2020 Democratic frontrunner was in the US Senate, and is co-hosting one of two high-dollar fundraisers for Biden in New York on Thursday.

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

If we could drastically lower the costs of electric cars by having them be subsidized and increase taxes on combustion engine vehicles. Maybe even have a exchange program for low income families to make it a fast transition phase no matter the value of the trade in. 

You ever see that doc Who Killed The Electric Car? Check it out... Electric cars are actually cheaper than traditional cars.

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

How do they stack up to old cheap vehicles people keep that have low value but dispense a lot of pollution?

Well not that cheap lol... I was just in South Carolina and was shocked to discover that they don't have inspections for cars there. Which means that there are no emissions standards there effectively... ZERO. 

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well not that cheap lol... I was just in South Carolina and was shocked to discover that they don't have inspections for cats there. Which means that there are no emissions standards there effectively... ZERO. 

My idea to pay for those vehicles is to bend over every one of those fossil fuel companies that have been lying for decades and sue them out of existence.

More discussion needs to be around changing our built environment so that walking, biking, and public transit are easier to use, rather than relying on electric cars, which have their own problems. Shaded, protected, & dedicated biking/walking paths going around the country from rural areas into suburbs and further into cities, aided by electric bikes and subsidies for employers to have showering facilities would be fantastic.

26 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

More discussion needs to be around changing our built environment so that walking, biking, and public transit are easier to use, rather than relying on electric cars, which have their own problems. Shaded, protected, & dedicated biking/walking paths going around the country from rural areas into suburbs and further into cities, aided by electric bikes and subsidies for employers to have showering facilities would be fantastic.

I1A on NPR had a GREAT discussion about this, going into the history of roads built for horses and carriages, the percentages of people on horses versus cars when cars began, how the country shifted what its transit was like after WWII with the interstate highway system and what decisions are being made to change how cities are structured now.

Here's a link: https://the1a.org/shows/2019-08-26/inaction-in-the-past-is-making-new-york-cyclists-less-safe-in-the-present

3 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

The car is the worst possible thing to happen to American cities. The sooner we can ditch personal autos for some other kind of transportation the better.

I'll take my 15 minute drive to work over having to revolve my life around bus schedules and 1 or more hours bus rides, thank you.

9 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'll take my 15 minute drive to work over having to revolve my life around bus schedules and 1 or more hours bus rides, thank you.

If more people use buses and transportation is improved, you're not partaking in 1 or more hour bus rides. If roads are built better to accommodate for buses, you're not spending as much time getting around. If high-speed rail was a thing instead of stunted to own the libs, you could criss-cross parts of a state in an hour.

That's what I loved about buses when I went to college. Most of them came every few minutes because they had a great system to get you around the city and university, so I saved a ton of money on gas and didn't have to invest in a new car since mine was used primarily for work. 

This is another example of, "Try to ruin progressive ideas for infrastructure and public transit (or anything) and then laugh at how it doesn't work because you torpedoed it."

I'm a 15-30 minute drive from my house to anywhere I want to go without traffic and I live out in a fairly rural area. I just looked it up the nearest bus line to my house is a 43 minute walk each way according to google and then add in the actual bus ride.

I was in Chicago over the weekend and everything seemed like it was 45 minutes from everything else by car.