Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So what are the details of "mistreating staff"? It's such a vague term (intended to smear no doubt) that details are needed.

She's apparently a workaholic and pretty intense, and some people find it very rewarding to work for her, while some people feel very overwhelmed and worn out. One thing she did was CC people on an email who were not involved in a with the subject of the email, which is a jerky thing to do as I know what it feels like. But it seems like a very weirdly overblown story right now. Especially since we have somebody posting tweets about it and yet was eerily silent about the sexual harassment stuff in Bernie Sanders campaign.

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Especially since we have somebody posting tweets about it and yet was eerily silent about the sexual harassment stuff in Bernie Sanders campaign.

Given his response to The Root article, Bernie bros are appropriating the 'fake news' strategy.

• Like 1

One morning several years ago, when most of the office staff was running late — the ex-staffer couldn’t remember the reason — Klobuchar wrote out tardy slips and placed them on each missing aide’s desk. The staffer recalls incredulous bursts of laughter as her co-workers arrived one by one to find the notes, but Klobuchar was deadly serious. An aide whom she called into her office walked back out in tears.

Normal tyrant stuff

53 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Kinda over the top for a while collar job, but if there was a meeting they were late for I understand. Millions of people have to be on time for work or get a write up about it. 

Zzzzzz

If it was most of the office staff then presumably something truly out of their control was going on. The DC Metro having a meltdown would both fit the bill and be extremely plausible, for example.

On 2/7/2019 at 9:46 AM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Kinda over the top for a while collar job, but if there was a meeting they were late for I understand. Millions of people have to be on time for work or get a write up about it. 

Zzzzzz

Staffers, Documents Show Amy Klobuchar’s Wrath Towards Her Aides

Amy Klobuchar has laid the grounds for a presidential run on an image of “Minnesota nice.”

But behind the doors of her Washington, DC, office, the Minnesota Democrat ran a workplace controlled by fear, anger, and shame, according to interviews with eight former staffers, one that many employees found intolerably cruel. She demeaned and berated her staff almost daily, subjecting them to bouts of explosive rage and regular humiliation within the office, according to interviews and dozens of emails reviewed by BuzzFeed News.

That anger regularly left employees in tears, four former staffers said. She yelled, threw papers, and sometimes even hurled objects; one aide was accidentally hit with a flying binder, according to someone who saw it happen, though the staffer said the senator did not intend to hit anyone with the binder when she threw it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/amy-klobuchar-staff-2020-election

On 2/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, SaysWho? said:

538 article detailing moderate Democrats and how they're not a cohesive bloc

And it's true: you can even find moderate Democrats turned off by some of the "moderate" votes; it just depends where their more liberal views are. One example:

That's a cultural conservative on abortion/religion (though is fine for voting for a pro-choice Democrat) who puts big progressive issues in climate change and criminal justice as number 1 issues. Some of the things moderate Democrats vote on are weird. 

To be a moderate dem you have to be willing to jettison minority and/or women’s rights “for the good of the party.”

The native American thing is silly. It's a "controversy" because it's easy to have an opinion on and sharing that opinion only serves a purpose of sowing mistrust among people who were already inclined to mistrust her and the justifications to make it out to be a concern over the kind of administrator she'd be are pretty strained. It's embarrassing for her and kind of absurd but I don't understand why it would affect anyone's vote except in maybe a tiebreaker sense. There's no there there. 

8 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The native American thing is silly. It's a "controversy" because it's easy to have an opinion on and sharing that opinion only serves a purpose of sowing mistrust among people who were already inclined to mistrust her and the justifications to make it out to be a concern over the kind of administrator she'd be are pretty strained. It's embarrassing for her and kind of absurd but I don't understand why it would affect anyone's vote except in maybe a tiebreaker sense. There's no there there. 

The release of the DNA "test" results shows a lack of judgement on her part. Her current explanations of (paraphrasing here) "it's what my family told me and what I thought up to that time"  is fine cause that shit happened 40+ years ago and would be a fine explanation if she left it at that.

That said, she's still my current favorite, but I haven't looked too deeply into it yet because it's an evolving field.

Once when I was running this restaurant in Brooklyn, one of my barbacks showed up 2 hours late to brunch service with no phone call because of a hangover. He immediately went to the kitchen window where there were some extra fries we were all snacking on. I told him if he touched a single one of those fries after being late, I had the right to slap the shit out of him at any time of my choosing during service. He paused, weighed the options, gave me a "Fuck you" shrug, then shoved a handful of fries in his mouth. I tortured him through most of service by acting like the slap was coming but it never did. Until we were switching over to dinner, when he came up from basement storage and I was hiding around a corner and gave him a very light-to-moderate slap across the face. He laughed at me and said, "That was it?"

Then he realized the other barback he screwed over with his tardiness had coated my hand in Tiger Balm just before I slapped him. I think some even got up his nose. Justice was served.

#Tao2020

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My only issue with  Warren was the stupid Indian controversy. I loved her before that. I still like her, but I can't quite get past that stupidity now. 

I'd still vote for her over Trump.

That's where my mom is. She's like "tf is this shit"

Otherwise, she likes her a lot. I have this feeling that, if she wins the nomination, the universe will be dumb and make the Native American thing a bigger deal than Trump being surrounded by felons who have been indicted/thrown in jail.

31 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

That's where my mom is. She's like "tf is this shit"

Otherwise, she likes her a lot. I have this feeling that, if she wins the nomination, the universe will be dumb and make the Native American thing a bigger deal than Trump being surrounded by felons who have been indicted/thrown in jail.

Yeah, the Indian heritage thing is going to become far bigger an issue then it ever should have been and part of that is due to Warren's stupidity in handling it. 

I dread listening to Trumpeters go on and on about that, when they ignore the far worse flaws of their idol.