Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Sen. Sherrod Brown to tour early states before 2020 decision

It includes stops in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, as well as a kickoff in his home state. The 66-year-old has yet to decide whether to join a 2020 primary field that is expected to include as many as a half-dozen of his fellow Democratic senators.

Brown said his goal is for the tour to elevate the dignity of work message as an issue in 2020, regardless of whether he's a presidential candidate in that race.

"If that's the case, whether I end up running or not, that's a victory, because it means we will govern better, we will be a better party and we'll win more elections," he said.

I'd be stoked to get rid of tipping. Still don't see why it's my responsibility to figure out how much money you should be making when all I want is some food. 

I'm still a generous tipper because I understand it's not their fault, but I really hate the practice. 

Also moving to AZ has fucked up the whole just double the tax thing since sales tax is a little lower here. Worked fine in CA when you knew tax was 9-10% everywhere.

Brown running is a bad idea, it would basically destroy any hope of taking the senate as the GOP governor would fill the seat and an election wouldn't be held till 2022, and its a state dems probably don't win without Brown there.  Whereas Sanders and Warren who also have GOP governors, but special elections are held immediately in those states.

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

I'd be stoked to get rid of tipping. Still don't see why it's my responsibility to figure out how much money you should be making when all I want is some food. 

I'm still a generous tipper because I understand it's not their fault, but I really hate the practice. 

Also moving to AZ has fucked up the whole just double the tax thing since sales tax is a little lower here. Worked fine in CA when you knew tax was 9-10% everywhere.

It's not exactly hard to find 10% yourself before doubling it, or doing double that and then minus a dollar or two if you don't want to leave 20% for whatever reason.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's not exactly hard to find 10% yourself before doubling it, or doing double that and then minus a dollar or two if you don't want to leave 20% for whatever reason.

Seriously, 10% and doubling it is like the easiest thing ever. People that complain about this are weird.

On 1/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, atom631 said:

She gets a high five from me. People make mistakes and people change. If the Democratic Party is really the party of acceptance, then we should be praising her  instead of calling her out. 

People do change, and her change (if sincere) should be praised; it should also still be disqualifying. There are qualified candidates who don't carry that baggage, and when the prize in question is the highest office in the executive branch, there is no reason to make exception. Nothing about her as a candidate is so special or unique that we should be compelled to overlook her past transgressions, regardless of how apologetic she is about them.

Just now, Chris- said:

People do change, and her change (if sincere) should be praised; it should also still be disqualifying. There are qualified candidates who don't carry that baggage, and when the prize in question is the highest office in the executive branch, there is no reason to make exception. Nothing about her as a candidate is so special or unique that we should be compelled to overlook her past transgressions, regardless of how apologetic she is about them.

that's absolute nonsense. 

Hillary was anti-gay marriage. Obama was anti-gay marriage. 

should warren be disqualified for pretending to be native american to get a job? 

6 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The only reason tulsi has name recognition at all is because she kissed Bernie's ring. 

is that what were calling it when she resigns to support the candidate she believes in?

maybe she should've stayed on the DNC like Wassermann-Schultz and tried to sabotage the primaries in bernie's favor. 

I can see easily how someone's views can change; the whole country's views changed on LGBT issues.

I'm not in much of a rush to write her off only because we don't have all the candidates and the debates haven't started. I pretty much have no favored candidate right now, which I like since I have no reason to yet.

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Oh what hot bullshit.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I can see easily how someone's views can change; the whole country's views changed on LGBT issues.

I'm not in much of a rush to write her off only because we don't have all the candidates and the debates haven't started. I pretty much have no favored candidate right now, which I like since I have no reason to yet.

Thank you.

I'm still of half a mind to lock/hide this thread until 2020.