Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

20 hours ago, Jason said:

So it's her fault she was a kid and got used as a prop in a political ad?

She was like 17/18 at the time of the video...

19 hours ago, Jose said:

Leave it to outsida to go after her for the least objectionable part of her shit career (her gay marriage opinion switch).

I don’t know why it be “leave it to outsida”. Tulsi and her family are political chameleons who are instinctively on the wrong side of many important issues. 

9 minutes ago, outsida said:

She was like 17/18 at the time of the video...

I don't support Tulsi, but I hate this line of thinking. People evolve. I'd hate to be judged at 31 for the views I held as a teenager. Pretty sure I opposed gay marriage then, too. She's several years older than I am, meaning gay marriage was even more taboo when she was a teenager.

• stepee 1

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't support Tulsi, but I hate this line of thinking. People evolve. I'd hate to be judged at 31 for the views I held as a teenager. Pretty sure I opposed gay marriage then, too. She's several years older than I am, meaning gay marriage was even more taboo when she was a teenager.

I was of this opinion too initially, but her opposition was fierce and mean-spirited. Less believable that she changed her mind.

• stepee 1

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

I was of this opinion too initially, but her opposition was fierce and mean-spirited. Less believable that she changed her mind.

There seems to be plenty to dunk on her for so I really don't see the point of dunking on her for something she was roped into in high school.

24 minutes ago, Jose said:

10 minutes ago, outsida said:

Some of the things we were “roped into in high school” are the things we believe for life. She wasn’t just “ewww gay marriage is nasty”, she was an anti-gay activist. 

Do you guys know what it's like to be raised by a family with some really strong views in these areas? It influences you. Hopefully, you get out of their grasp, see a bit bigger world, and change your views. 

I simply cannot judge someone for their views as a teenager/young adult. 

Shit, even look at people like Robert Byrd. He was terrible well into adulthood, but he later renounced his views and became a much better person. 

There's plenty of stuff to criticize Tulsi Gabbard for other than digging into her teenage years for stuff she no longer believes or supports.

21 minutes ago, outsida said:

Some of the things we were “roped into in high school” are the things we believe for life. She wasn’t just “ewww gay marriage is nasty”, she was an anti-gay activist. 

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Do you guys know what it's like to be raised by a family with some really strong views in these areas? It influences you. Hopefully, you get out of their grasp, see a bit bigger world, and change your views. 

Shit, even look at people like Robert Byrd. He was terrible well into adulthood, but he later renounced his views and became a much better person. 

There's plenty of stuff to criticize Tulsi Gabbard for other than digging into her teenage years for stuff she no longer believes or supports.

When I was 19-20 I was knocking on doors telling people gay marriage was evil.

People change.

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

When she was 22:

“To try to act as if there is a difference between ‘civil unions’ and same-sex marriage is dishonest, cowardly and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii,” she said. “As Democrats, we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists.”

The vitriol she had is just shocking. She never even apologized for these views, which would at least be something. Just the "my views evolved" bs

1 minute ago, Jose said:

When she was 22:

“To try to act as if there is a difference between ‘civil unions’ and same-sex marriage is dishonest, cowardly and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii,” she said. “As Democrats, we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists.”

The vitriol she had is just shocking. She never even apologized for these views, which would at least be something. Just the "my views evolved" bs

Yeah, people change. I also don't believe the same things I believed at 22. 

This isn't some crazy shit here. Do you want to insist Geneticblueprint is still secretly anti-gay because he actively campaigned against gay marriage into his 20s?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Granted, "I disagree but I'm not going to try to force my position on everyone else" is something we could do with a little more of from our politicians. 

More like she disagrees, but she knows it's politically expedient for her to not force it on anyone. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Then start with that, not "oh man, she said shitty stuff as a young person!" 

I could see jumping off the older video as a basis for finding out whether she still holds those views, but by itself it's not noteworthy. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Then start with that, not "oh man, she said shitty stuff as a young person!" 

Whatever, she never even apologized for the views (because she still holds them). I'm sure GeneticBlueprint is remorseful for what he did and I know Robert Byrd apologized profusely as well. She does not give a shit because she is the same person.

Just now, Jose said:

Whatever, she never even apologized for the views (because she still holds them). I'm sure GeneticBlueprint is remorseful for what he did and I know Robert Byrd apologized profusely as well. She does not give a shit because she is the same person.

I don't get what's so weird about what I and others are saying. 

Least she doesn't let her shitty personal views keep her from doing the right thing and voting for equality. 

I know little about her, won't vote for her if/when the time comes in the primaries. My entire issue was with outsida, then you, jumping on her for shit she said when she was young, with no further context. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't get what's so weird about what I and others are saying. 

Least she doesn't let her shitty personal views keep her from doing the right thing and voting for equality. 

I know little about her, won't vote for her if/when the time comes in the primaries. My entire issue was with outsida, then you, jumping on her for shit she said when she was young, with no further context. 

Cool, I then provided context.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Eventually. That's why I said it would have been better to start with that, instead of doubling down for several posts. 

What crazy ideas I'm spouting, I know.

I also mentioned in my second post she never apologized for her views, which would lean one to believe she still held them. I then found out she still does!

And it's not just you two or this once instance. I see stupid shit like this all the time, calling for someone's head over dumb shit they said/did when they were really young. Not everyone has the fortune to grow up in a nice, progressive, tolerant family, exposed to tons of diversity and whatnot. And people grow up. Views often evolve. 

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

And it's not just you two or this once instance. I see stupid shit like this all the time, calling for someone's head over dumb shit they said/did when they were really young. Not everyone has the fortune to grow up in a nice, progressive, tolerant family, exposed to tons of diversity and whatnot. And people grow up. Views often evolve. 

I get that. You're defending someone that isn't Tulsi Gabbard, though.

I don’t know what you’re talking about? What other instances have I attacked someone for something said in the ignorance of youth? Also, I called Tulsi a political chameleon because she hasn’t shown any contrition or growth just political expediency. 

Posting the video highlights that this is the real her and she hasn’t changed. 

Just now, Jose said:

I get that. You're defending someone that isn't Tulsi Gabbard, though.

It should be obvious I'm not defending her. If she truly still holds those beliefs, then that's shitty. I've already said I wouldn't vote for her in the primaries if she makes it that far. I already disliked her for other stances I knew about. 

I just saw people jumping on her for shit she said as a young person and from what I knew of her recent record, she's been supportive of equality. 

18 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

And it's not just you two or this once instance. 

26 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

IMy entire issue was with outsida, then you, jumping on her for shit she said when she was young, with no further context. 

That’s why I’m asking because you made reference with no further explanation.