Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/11/michael-bloomberg-self-fund-possible-white-house-bid/38882431/

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says that if he runs for president, he’ll pay for it himself, defending candidates who use personal riches to bankroll campaigns.

Bloomberg’s comments to reporters in Texas on Friday follow a jab from another top 2020 contender. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren recently decried the Democratic presidential nomination becoming “one more plaything that billionaires can buy.”

But Bloomberg says his riches insulate him from having to curry favor with special interests.

“I ran three times. I used only my own money so I didn’t have to ask anybody what they wanted in return for a contribution,” Bloomberg said. “And, if I ran again, I would do the same thing. I think not having to adjust what you say and what you work on based on who financed your campaign is one of the things that the public really likes.”

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah her candidacy is a non-starter. 

Obviously things can (and will) change, but I can only currently see the nomination going to one of the five following people:

Warren

Biden

Harris

O'Rourke

Sanders

In that order.

There's a decent case for about half a dozen others too.

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Why?  

Obama was an outlier - his persona outweighed his ethnic sounding name.  The name Julian Castro is going to scare (even if subconsciously) middle America.  He's not making it out of the primaries. 

Hes not running the GOP primary.  I agree he won't win, but that has nothing to do with his name.

57 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Why?  

Obama was an outlier - his persona outweighed his ethnic sounding name.  The name Julian Castro is going to scare (even if subconsciously) middle America.  He's not making it out of the primaries. 

Such a stale and ignorant take.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Posting RT anything should be a bannable offense.

I'm posting it to show what RT is saying about her because I'm seeing rumblings from people thinking they're setting her up as the next Jill Stein. 

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm posting it to show what RT is saying about her because I'm seeing rumblings from people thinking they're setting her up as the next Jill Stein. 

She’s already fanned the flames of divisiveness, in some ways it’s her reason for having any name recognition. Considering how neatly she falls into the lane of “disruptive Putin puppet” that whether she truly is or not is almost not even worth arguing. The result is the same. 

7 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

She’s already fanned the flames of divisiveness, in some ways it’s her reason for having any name recognition. Considering how neatly she falls into the lane of “disruptive Putin puppet” that whether she truly is or not is almost not even worth arguing. The result is the same.