Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

If I were a Texan, I'd be legit embarassed.

And I really am starting to come around to the idea of arresting some of these "Republican congressmen" for treason. I thought it was ridiculous before, but now, it seems . . . very legit, and I say this as a former attorney.

Sedition should be punished. 

7 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Sedition should be punished. 

Right? I'm just sitting here wondering when do we imprison traitors? I mean, this IS sedition. They're trying to subvert the will of the people, our votes, and democracy. I hate to say it, but:

LOCK THEM UP.

I mean, right? The crimes are right there. Am I missing something here other than we're so desensitized to things we're apathetic to this?

9 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Maybe we can get Trump to sign on to impeaching Gorsuch, Barrett, and Kavanaugh:thinking:

While I still worry that a closer election could have gone differently at SCOTUS, a guy like Robert's must be loving this.

He must see it as an absolute layup for restoring some legitimacy to the court after three straight asterisk appointments. 

So what are the odds on the number of faithless electors we get come Monday? The over/under has to be 15.5 right? There were ten of them in 2016. I mean, it doesn't really matter. It won't move the needle, and a bunch of them will just get reverted back to what their respective states voted on thanks to those states' laws. I imagine we'll even get a couple face some sort of legal punishment and do what they can to turn that into a lucrative career on Fox. I just can't imagine we don't double 2016's total, so I'm on the over there.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

So what are the odds on the number of faithless electors we get come Monday? The over/under has to be 15.5 right? There were ten of them in 2016. I mean, it doesn't really matter. It won't move the needle, and a bunch of them will just get reverted back to what their respective states voted on thanks to those states' laws. I imagine we'll even get a couple face some sort of legal punishment and do what they can to turn that into a lucrative career on Fox. I just can't imagine we don't double 2016's total, so I'm on the over there.

It's a really muddled thought process. 

He only voted for Trump for SCOTUS appointments, but now that SCOTUS won't save the guy he didn't like to begin with he is turning on them when the whole point was to get those appointments to begin with.

His rationale is like an ouroboros and a human centipede had a baby.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Oh you’re saying how many attempt to do it before having to revert? I think very little as the new laws will deter people from trying this bs again. I’ll take the under.

9 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Right? I'm just sitting here wondering when do we imprison traitors? I mean, this IS sedition. They're trying to subvert the will of the people, our votes, and democracy. I hate to say it, but:

LOCK THEM UP.

I mean, right? The crimes are right there. Am I missing something here other than we're so desensitized to things we're apathetic to this?

They should absolutely be locked up, but then it looks really bad, because the incoming party is arresting politicians from across the isle. We know it would be warranted, but optics make it a bad idea.

”The communists are arresting innocent republicans!”

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Oh you’re saying how many attempt to do it before having to revert? I think very little as the new laws will deter people from trying this bs again. I’ll take the under.

Yeah, I'm not suggesting any actual shenanigans to attempt to overturn the election results. I'm taking about regular elector shenanigans. Like some elector out of Vermont voting for Bernie instead of Biden or another one from Oklahoma voting for Kanye instead of Trump. I'm also sure there will be a few that will very publicly vote for Trump knowing that their vote will be tossed out looking for their fifteen minutes of fame on OANN and Newsmax. All of that tells me it's got to be more than 2016, but it will be fascinating if THIS batch of electoral votes is more orderly than four years ago.