Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Bush v Gore had timeline ramifications too.  The state effectively couldn't do another set of recounts and certify the vote afterwards, because the meeting of the electors was just a few days later from what I remember. 

Without a certified vote, there are no electors at all for Florida.  This would have been in Gore's favor though. Gore would have won the EC 266 to 246., as the new threshold would be 257.

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

All I know about Latino cultural dynamics is one time an Ecuadorian told me to hide my mayonnaise if I ever had my Argentinean friends over to my house. I don’t know what the implication was beyond the fact that I am white so he (rightfully) assumed I had mayo on hand.

They'll put mayo on anything. Fries, hotdogs, whatever. Though, I will admit, a completo hotdog with mayo and everything else is pretty damn tasty. I mean, that's not Argentinian, but whatever.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, that’s not what I’m concerned about. I’m concerned about the repercussions and fall out on this country from the legal battle Trump seems to be initiating. The thought of this being some “stolen election” is already happening, a court battle could enable civil unrest from his supporters. I’m not saying “civil war”, but I am concerned about violence and what this could mean for the future. Hopefully the end winds up being actual laws and not just “norms”.

at this point lets face it....if its all said and done and biden wins literally nothing will happen for at least two years since gop still has senate.  i dont know about anybody else but ill take a break for two years after these last 4 that felt like 50

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, that’s not what I’m concerned about. I’m concerned about the repercussions and fall out on this country from the legal battle Trump seems to be initiating. The thought of this being some “stolen election” is already happening, a court battle could enable civil unrest from his supporters. I’m not saying “civil war”, but I am concerned about violence and what this could mean for the future. Hopefully the end winds up being actual laws and not just “norms”.

If that’s all you were arguing, then nobody was talking about you

:shrug:

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

Yeah this is gonna happen even if the courts do nothing.

Of course, but it going to courts, led by a Trump team, potentially exacerbates it.

Just now, Firewithin said:

at this point lets face it....if its all said and done and biden wins literally nothing will happen for at least two years since gop still has senate.  i dont know about anybody else but ill take a break for two years after these last 4 that felt like 50

No doubt. The (immediate) civil unrest is my concern more than anything else.

1 minute ago, Firewithin said:

There are lots of things the POTUS can do as chief executive of the nation separate from the legislature. Lots will happen, IMO.

35 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

What does that have to do with your previous point or what I said to Joe? Or are you just making a generalized point about not liking the outcome of that case? 

It's not about liking the outcome of the case--which by the way was so bad you could get scalia to squirm if one were to ask him about it when he was alive.

It's that scotus will, when push comes to shove and the stakes are there, make a space to decide things even where it has generally no business to be deciding, and using flimsy bullshit legal reasoning (e.g. bush would suffer irreparable harm if recounts were to continue) for nakedly partisan ends. You can't say that they will or won't do x because y, simply because they have shown they could conceivably do x and that has nothing to do with y because they've previously done z.

9 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Bush v Gore had timeline ramifications too.  The state effectively couldn't do another set of recounts and certify the vote afterwards, because the meeting of the electors was just a few days later from what I remember. 

Without a certified vote, there are no electors at all for Florida.  This would have been in Gore's favor though. Gore would have won the EC 266 to 246., as the new threshold would be 257.

Scotus stopped the recount, overruling the florida supreme court, citing irreparable harm to the bush camp if recounts continued. Fucking blatantly partisan shit

God I need a xanax and a break. Debating if I should just say yolo and get a 5900x or 5950x tomorrow. My only concern is I want to go all out with fast RAM, a PCIe 4 NV.ME, and possibly water cooling. I am paying off my CC and while I can afford what I posted. I kinda dont want to raise my CC debit.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Scotus stopped the recount, overruling the florida supreme court, citing irreparable harm to the bush camp if recounts continued. Fucking blatantly partisan shit

And they put in the decision that it wasn't precedent for anything else, just to make sure a future SCOTUS couldn't do the same thing for a Democratic candidate.

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

You directly responded to me and initiated the conversation among cheering someone else on for responding to me while calling me crazy/insane. Cool.

:shrug:

Yeah, because you weren’t just saying that in the text. You were agreeing with the crazy people in the text. But if you’re now saying you didn’t actually MEAN what you typed, then nobody was taking to you when they were saying the reactions were crazy.

And this is all with you even explicitly saying in this most recent exchange that the courts are the mechanism :p

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, because you weren’t just saying that in the text. You were agreeing with the crazy people in the text. But if you’re now saying you didn’t actually MEAN what you typed, then nobody was taking to you when they were saying the reactions were crazy.

And this is all with you even explicitly saying in this most recent exchange that the courts are the mechanism :p

I didn’t agree with anyone, I said being concerned didn’t make them insane and had validity :silly: 

Oh, wait, are you admitting you didn’t actually read my posts? Well, then your replies make a hell of a lot more sense.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

And they put in the decision that it wasn't precedent for anything else, just to make sure a future SCOTUS couldn't do the same thing for a Democratic candidate.

Yep. Blatant partisan bullshit.

One person in the majority is still on the bench from that decision, and 3 of the litigants join him now. 

Georgia's special election is going to a runoff. Assuming the Senate results in Michigan hold, we could end up with a 50/50 Senate. Unless I'm not mathing right.

(not that I think Warnock will win the runoff)

edit: meant to say it's officially going to a runoff with Warnock in it

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I didn’t agree with anyone, I said being concerned didn’t make them insane and had validity :silly: 

Oh, wait, are you admitting you didn’t actually read my posts? Well, then your replies make a hell of a lot more sense.

You DO agree, you’ve said on this page exactly how you agree. Don’t pretend now that you don’t :lol:

Anyway...

The Trump campaign literally has no argument to make in front of SCOTUS. Bush vs Gore was decided on the basis that different recount processes within the state violated due process; whether the ruling was right or wrong, it was procedural in nature and rooted in what would 'harm' the voters. There's no similar argument to make here...Once you mail your ballot, you have officially cast it - you cannot change your mind. A vote postmarked on November 3rd is the exact same as an in person vote on November 3rd, and voters are not harmed by how long it takes to count the vote they cast (it's not like every in person vote is counted on Election Day, either). Bush vs Gore was a matter of exploiting judicial philosophy, this would be a matter of creating something out of absolutely nothing.