Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

I guess Sanders can say he won North Dakota. :p 

He has a chance in Washington, but it's not much consolation. It's more of a story that he's not running away with it.

Not excited about it, but it is what it is. Hopefully he's a much better general election candidate than he was most of the primary.

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

I am way less excited about a Joe Biden presidency compared to a Hillary Cliton presidency. And I was not even that excited for her to begin with.

pokemon feels GIF

At least there was a broken barrier with her. At the same time, and this really applies to any candidate, winning the election and helping down ballot to help with redistricting and making it so we don't have to keep bumping the RBG thread to troll everyone would be exciting in itself.

3 hours ago, Anathema- said:

High key wild that Sanders gets to stay in a losing race to "win concessions" when literally no other candidate is allowed to.

So you agree with Bernie that the establishment forced out the other centrists? :daydream:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well one thing this primary season has proven is that the "Bernie-bro" is pretty much a myth or they really were Russian trolls and bots all along. 

Chapo and there equally awful followers are real. The problem is that shouting “Bernie Bro” became a weapon against Sanders and his not awful supporters. But the Bros are real.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well one thing this primary season has proven is that the "Bernie-bro" is pretty much a myth or they really were Russian trolls and bots all along. 

Basically there are more Bernie Stan's online in general, but the rate of toxicity is essentially the same across supporters

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Basically there are more Bernie Stan's online in general, but the rate of toxicity is essentially the same across supporters

This only measures negative language rates. The Bros harassment efforts include things beyond negative word choices. There was an interview I read with the researcher where he talked about wanting to look deeper into the interactions to see if there are other differences. 

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This only measures negative language rates. The Bros harassment efforts include things beyond negative word choices. There was an interview I read with the researcher where he talked about wanting to look deeper into the interactions to see if there are other differences. 

"Bernie wants to

**checks notes**

provide healthcare for poor people."

• Guillotine 1

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It's just about the only quantifiable look done into this "issue" so until other actual data comes out the sexist Bernie Bros narrative is pure bunk

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

"Bernie wants to

**checks notes**

provide healthcare for poor people."

On 2/25/2020 at 11:13 AM, GeneticBlueprint said:

This trope is

**checks notes**

my least favorite thing

**checks notes**

on Twitter

**checks notes**

Fuck everybody that does

**checks notes**

this.

FLIP FLOPPER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's just about the only quantifiable look done into this "issue" so until other actual data comes out the sexist Bernie Bros narrative is pure bunk

“Womens be lying” is a take one can have :p 

Anecdotes isn't data though

Yes it is. It’s simply a single data point. As I said above, the issue isn’t whether the Bros exist, they do, the what is at issue is how large of a contingent are they and what responsibility does a candidate have for the behavior of their supporters.

I don’t think the Bros are a particularly large percentage of his dwindling support, and I don’t think he’s responsible for their behavior because it’s antithetical to his own. Sanders is a good man, the Bros are not.

Bernie staying in.

I like that he will force Joe to get on the record regarding progressive policy issues when the spotlight is on the two of them in the debate.

Still not a fan of him staying in, though.

Feel like it's time to coalesce and focus on Trump.

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

Bernie staying in.

I like that he will force Joe to get on the record regarding progressive policy issues when the spotlight is on the two of them in the debate.

Still not a fan of him staying in, though.

Feel like it's time to coalesce and focus on Trump.

Biden will struggle and still easily win but the GOP will have even more video to edit together to hurt Biden. Good work, Sanders!

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yes it is. It’s simply a single data point. As I said above, the issue isn’t whether the Bros exist, they do, the what is at issue is how large of a contingent are they and what responsibility does a candidate have for the behavior of their supporters.

I don’t think the Bros are a particularly large percentage of his dwindling support, and I don’t think he’s responsible for their behavior because it’s antithetical to his own. Sanders is a good man, the Bros are not.

If it is a cold day in the winter that didn't mean climate change isn't real. C'mon man. 

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Biden will struggle and still easily win but the GOP will have even more video to edit together to hurt Biden. Good work, Sanders!

Yeah they'll just use existing footage of joe calling to cut social security and Medicare. C'mon man.