Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

My point is that it won’t happen now. I didn’t say to not try. It won’t happen though. 

Based on Biden's past work, it won't happen even with a Democratic Senate considering what he didn't do in 2010.

I don't think people really understand what the "prevailing wisdom" is on this. Perhaps it's easier to attack a caricature of it.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Just voted for Bernie. I prefer Warren but my vote is strategic at this point.

I think she still has a tiny shot, but today is do or die. If her supporters do this en masse though, she's probably done.

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

It's literally just a bunch of people endorsing Biden. What am I missing?

There’s some other stuff that’s not just endorsing Biden. Like when Biden’s people were trying to get Klobuchar to stay in through Tuesday to prevent Sanders from getting more votes in her home state. Leaning on candidates to get out and put their delegates and support behind Biden. 

though none of this behavior is new for elections. 

44 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Based on Biden's past work, it won't happen even with a Democratic Senate considering what he didn't do in 2010.

I don't think people really understand what the "prevailing wisdom" is on this. Perhaps it's easier to attack a caricature of it.

I meant prevailing wisdom here...

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

and get no major accomplishments done since he won't have the Senate. I of course hope to be proven wrong.

None of the candidates will. This is why I think Warren is the only sensible choice in the race because of her proven ability to use the levers of regulation to affect change. That is the primary power the executive has, how they operate the regulatory authority vested in the executive by the legislature. 

I know she basically doesn't have a chance anymore, but I still put in my vote for Warren. She's been the one I've been most impressed by throughout the whole campaign, and I've been a strong supporter of voting for who you want to be President, not who you think will win.

• stepee 1

22 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

If Donald Trump can lock kids in cages and make bump stocks illegal via executive fiat, I'm sure the next Democratic president can do all sorts of things that the executive branch shouldn't be doing without Congress's consent. 

Some of you have a weird view of the Democrats, who think Trump is an aberration and that Republicans will work with them again, to think that they'll push boundaries like Trump.

4 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

lol Bernie really has marianne williamson out there as a surrogate, this is supposed to convince people to vote for him?? 

Yeah he should get Tim Kaine out there for him instead, ol' Tim really knows how to fire up a crowd.

9 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

bros out here mad that Bernie's team is looking like the loser's club

8 hours ago, Anathema- said:

What the fuck is this mess looking like Bernie stans expect Warren supporters to be as paranoid and chaotic as they are?   "They. Don't. Want. Warren. Either." .. Is that bit if melodrama supposed to make me mad? It sounds like more nonsense born of entitlement toward her support. Her voters are her voters, not his.

6 hours ago, Anathema- said:

What is it with the responses that consistently miss the point of what they're supposedly replying to? In order to make a dumb whataboutism to boot. Throw in a bogus personal anecdote and you'd have the trifecta.

5 hours ago, Anathema- said:

I didn't post that you loon.

Well-reasoned, calm posts and certainly not coming from someone who has been angry since he woke up eight hours ago!

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

Donna Brazile should go away and take Ronna Romney with her. 

F' that, she knows how to win.

Ask Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, Walter Mondale, Dick Gephardt and 2016 Democrats in gubernatorial and Congressional races.

• Haha 2