Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT JOE BIDEN AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER POLITICIAN YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD ELIZABETH WARREN TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT SUPER TUESDAY YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE ELIZABETH WARREN KNOWS SHE CAN'T BEAT ME AND SHE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO JOE BIDEN YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT SUPER TUESDAY. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT SUPER TUESDAY! SENIOR JOE? THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT SUPER TUESDAY

• Haha 1

Biden and Sanders are now effectively tied on fivethirtyeight at 17%: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-primary-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo 

No one is winning at 66%. If I remember correctly, No One does not mean it is automatically a contested convention. It could also mean that no one gets the majority, but before it gets to a contested convention, Elizabeth Warren gifts her delegates to Bernie, or Bloomberg gifts his to Biden to get to the majority.

If it gets to a contested convention, the Democrat is far better positioned to win their party's nomination.

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

Biden and Sanders are now effectively tied on fivethirtyeight at 17%: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-primary-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo 

No one is winning at 66%. If I remember correctly, No One does not mean it is automatically a contested convention. It could also mean that no one gets the majority, but before it gets to a contested convention, Elizabeth Warren gifts her delegates to Bernie, or Bloomberg gifts his to Biden to get to the majority.

If it gets to a contested convention, the Democrat is far better positioned to win their party's nomination.

Depends on the state. Some states have strict rules that the delegates must cast a vote for the person they are pledged to, others fully de commit them and they are able to vot for whatever person they likd

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Depends on the state. Some states have strict rules that the delegates must cast a vote for the person they are pledged to, others fully de commit them and they are able to vot for whatever person they likd

Interesting, but the point still stands that there is a chance before the convention for someone to achieve a majority through this mechanism.

Just now, Massdriver said:

If Warren had won South Carolina like Biden did, things may have been different.

Maybe, as there is plenty of ink spilled on how wall street and the Obama white house don't/didn't care for Warren. And her having a level of black support to win SC would be a whole different dynamic, too. 

But, regardless, she didn't win SC. If you're still a Warren supporter, you must realize by now after all these endorsements, a contested convention will not lead to her nomination. This was the time to pick a side, and Obama and the establishment made their choice, and it was not her, and it certainly was not Bernie, and it never would be. If she was the one to build a bridge over the divide, the foundation would have been laid here.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Maybe, as there is plenty of ink spilled on how wall street and the Obama white house don't/didn't care for Warren. And her having a level of black support to win SC would be a whole different dynamic, too. 

But, regardless, she didn't win SC. If you're still a Warren supporter, you must realize by now after all these endorsements, a contested convention will not lead to her nomination. This was the time to pick a side, and Obama and the establishment made their choice, and it was not her, and it certainly was not Bernie, and it never would be. If she was the one to build a bridge over the divide, the foundation would have been laid here.

Homegirl needs to get a nice chunk of delegates tomorrow. I think she will.

What the fuck is this mess looking like Bernie stans expect Warren supporters to be as paranoid and chaotic as they are?   "They. Don't. Want. Warren. Either." .. Is that bit if melodrama supposed to make me mad? It sounds like more nonsense born of entitlement toward her support. Her voters are her voters, not his.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

BeRnIE BrOs dONt exISt iTS JUsT OnLInE AhOLes

17 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

Modern problems require modern solutions

Interestingly, I can't find any news report of the violence at this place, particularly since Biden has one office in California and I don't think this south LA one ever existed. He has only one office, which the NYT reported last week, and it's in East LA:

East LA Field Office
4545 Cesar East Chavez Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90022

Went on Google and found nothing about violence. Is this woman full of shit or misinformed? I don't think you can shut down something that doesn't exist?

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

That woman's Twitter feed is simultaneously NeverBernie and NeverWarren. Awful.

It also makes me nervous about Biden because I'm pretty sure the Biden campaign gave her an incorrect address, and this is added to his overall meh campaign he's run and the lack of organization in Super Tuesday states. He can afford that in the primary, but not really in the general. And it makes me nervous about her since I can't find a single thing to corroborate her story that they shut down a place that I don't think exists and she's a volunteer.

Someone prove me wrong plz cuz November's gonna make me nervous

• Thanks 1

Just lol.

Anyway, looking forward to the brokered convention with Joe still coming out on top because the unity candidate will prevent anyone from being able to get a majority, leaving the super delegates to fall in line behind the establishment.

Congrats on the strong 4th place victory today though!

As much as I am down on Biden, obviously if he is the nominee then everyone needs to vote for him, if just for the sake of the courts. But he will do nothing to address the affordability crisis, the climate crisis, or institution damage done by Trump. He will spend his first time undoing the damage by Trump and going on a world victory tour, and get no major accomplishments done since he won't have the Senate. I of course hope to be proven wrong.