Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

So this election will be a 74 year old incumbent running against either a 79 year old or a 78 year old, with a chance a spry spring chicken at 70 will be other choice.

That's just fucking great. Maybe they can all die before November and we can have a real election. 

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Cry more. There are bigger issues than being mean online, literally the dumbest most inconsequential thing this election. Grow the fuck up

Weird how one of the guys who constantly makes excuses and deflects rather than take responsibility is now screaming that someone else needs to grow up lol

1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

Weird how one of the guts who constantly makes excuses and deflects rather than take responsibility is now screaming that someone else needs to grow up lol

The gaslighting continues apace. 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

So what happens if the Presidential candidate dies mid-election. Does the VP candidate become President if the ticket wins?

I think it is the trickiest if it the death happens before the election.  If the winning candidate dies after the election but before the electors cast their votes, the vice presidential nominee will likely become the President on inauguration day.   

But yeah, if it happens before the election - can you vote for a dead guy?

1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

The pants pissing over the entitlement towards Warren's delegates is revealing. 

Yet you still piss your pants about believing that Clinton was entitled to my vote in 2016. :daydream:

• stepee 1

6 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The pants pissing over the entitlement towards Warren's delegates is revealing. 

It's going to be hilarious when Pete gets more delegates than Liz tomorrow and Biden laughs his way to the nomination, but keep virtue signaling your progressivism all the way to the convention

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

@SFLUFAN

gas·light

/ˈɡaslīt/

Learn to pronounce

verb

gerund or present participle: gaslighting

manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.

"in the first episode, Karen Valentine is being gaslighted by her husband"

That's just stupid terminology and makes zero sense whatsoever.

Thus, I'm going to erase that knowledge and go back to not knowing/caring what it means.

29 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The vote would be for the ticket. As you say the electors are involved; they don't vote until, what, December?

You can't change the ballot and the Electors might be bound to the dead guy depending on the state. Cleanest outcome constitutionally would be elect dead guy and let the 25th kick in automatically on inauguration day. 

11 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

That's just stupid terminology and makes zero sense whatsoever.

Thus, I'm going to erase that knowledge and go back to not knowing/caring what it means.

The term originates in the systematic psychological manipulation of a victim by her husband in the 1938 stage play Gas Light,[4] and the film adaptations released in 1940 and 1944.[5] In the story, the husband attempts to convince his wife and others that she is insane by manipulating small elements of their environment and insisting that she is mistaken, remembering things incorrectly, or delusional when she points out these changes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting#Etymology

55 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I feel like it's a good time to remind Americans in here that Bernie would be considered a moderate in any other developed nation. Seriously, he is further to the right than the current Liberal government of Canada, a party known for it's devotion to pragmatic centrism. Anyone calling him extreme is revealing their ignorance to actual political ideology. 

I don't really agree with your comparison between Bernie and the LPC. 

Medicare for all would give the USA a healthcare scheme with significantly broader coverage than what currently exists in Canada. Yes, the liberals have been musing about some sort of pharmacare program but what about things like dental coverage? Sanders would cover dental in M4A, the LPC has not (AFAIK) proposed any such thing. 

I have never heard any calls for a wealth tax from the LPC. 

Bernie Sanders wants to raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour and I've never heard the LPC propose anything like that (although admittedly with that example I'm not entirely sure if the feds have jurisdiction to mandate a nationwide minimum wage). 

Bernie has proposed canceling all student loan debt and making college tuition free. While tuition costs and student loan debt aren't as onerous in Canada as it is in the USA, most people graduating university in Canada will have some student loans and the LPC has not proposed making college free or canceling student loans. 

Chrystia Freeland and Bill Morneau would absolutely shit bricks if Trudeau started proposing policies similar to what Sanders is proposing, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

I don't really agree with your comparison between Bernie and the LPC. 

Medicare for all would give the USA a healthcare scheme with significantly broader coverage than what currently exists in Canada. Yes, the liberals have been musing about some sort of pharmacare program but what about things like dental coverage? Sanders would cover dental in M4A, the LPC has not (AFAIK) proposed any such thing. 

I have never heard any calls for a wealth tax from the LPC. 

Bernie Sanders wants to raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour and I've never heard the LPC propose anything like that (although admittedly with that example I'm not entirely sure if the feds have jurisdiction to mandate a nationwide minimum wage). 

Bernie has proposed canceling all student loan debt and making college tuition free. While tuition costs and student loan debt aren't as onerous in Canada as it is in the USA, most people graduating university in Canada will have some student loans and the LPC has not proposed making college free or canceling student loans. 

Chrystia Freeland and Bill Morneau would absolutely shit bricks if Trudeau started proposing policies similar to what Sanders is proposing, IMO. 

True. Has Sanders proposed massive wealth transfers to parents with children though? That's something that has massively reduced poverty in Canada in under 10 years.

I guess Sanders is more likely between the liberals and NDP. So centre-left at worst.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

So this election will be a 74 year old incumbent running against either a 79 year old or a 78 year old, with a chance a spry spring chicken at 70 will be other choice.

That's just fucking great. Maybe they can all die before November and we can have a real election. 

you would need the rest of the boomers in congress to go too

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I’d rather a toxic base of Bernie Bros to counteract the toxic base of Nazis, Klan members, and rednecks that make up Trump’s base.

Oh absolutely, it's just disheartening and infuriating that they damage his image, and so many of them are toxic, entitled shits that are Bernie-or-bust, and will allow Trump to get another four years, hurting more people, all just because they think the Democrats need to be taught some sort of lesson for not letting Bernie be the nominee. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Brick said:

Oh absolutely, it's just disheartening and infuriating that they damage his image, and so many of them are toxic, entitled shits that are Bernie-or-bust, and will allow Trump to get another four years, hurting more people, all just because they think the Democrats need to be taught some sort of lesson for not letting Bernie be the nominee. 

Yes, how dare they be pissed off about the DNC trying to put its thumb on the scale two cycles in a row. 

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Well let me tell you a little bit about one of my favorite Mexican beers...

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, how dare they be pissed off about the DNC trying to put its thumb on the scale two cycles in a row. 

Being upset at that is one thing. Letting Trump ruin America for another 4 years, and let who knows how many people die under his administration's actions is another thing.