Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Angry people and people who pretended they weren't racist were whole-heartedly a huge part of her base.

I know because I argued with the Hillary bras.

Maybe? But I think any candidate running against Obama would have attracted those types. 

I wonder if you guys go on a different Internet than I do. Have you seen the NeverWarren shit? It's awful.

Just now, Jose said:

Maybe? But I think any candidate running against Obama would have attracted those types. 

I wonder if you guys go on a different Internet than I do. Have you seen the NeverWarren shit? It's vile.

Ain't no maybe about it. I literally argued with Everyman/NotEnoughPayne on the other board in front of y'all about Hillary and Obama. I don't know if it gets more vile than a racist who has a pretend wife who doesn't believe in evolution.

Do none of you remember the Democrats who claimed Hillary could probably sing the National Anthem better than Obama? Or Carville calling Bill Richardson 'Judas' for endorsing Obama?

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

NeverBernie isn't much better

I honestly have not seen much of it.

Attacking him for the Cuba comments was stupid and I called out those who did. But that did not come from a single base of supporters like this NeverWarren crap.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

I honestly have not seen much of it.

Because of the bubble you're in! And this isn't a criticism of you. I don't see a lot of neverwarren stuff because I generally follow leftist/pro Bernie stuff on Twitter, where the replies generally go full support or #neverBernie. I imagine it's similar in your bubble. That's how this social media shit works, to keep you engaged, it can't just give you what you think you want to see. It wants you angry, engaged, and wanting to stay on their platform to prove yourself right/attack others/be outraged and share the tweet or whatever. 

Social media is a huge problem, one that I know I have sometimes, and there's not a lot that can be done about it

I'm pretty sure the party is just broken.

Shame that Republicans can unite behind someone as repulsive as Trump, but Dems are totally split and we'll be enduring another 4 year shitshow. :(

Also, lumping all of Reddit together as a cesspool is really dumb. There are countless communities, many of them incredibly useful. Just stay away from the crap ones.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Weird how every time there's a point to make about Sanders, the whataboutisms start coming out. Never a real defense or even acknowledgement of the problem.

The problem is with the internet generally, and social media particularly, in inflaming passions in the name of engagement numbers. There's misogyny and ugly stuff in some of Sanders supporters... Just like there is an attempt to take away his jewishness and simply write him off as any old white guy from others.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The problem is with the internet generally, and social media particularly, in inflaming passions in the name of engagement numbers. There's misogyny and ugly stuff in some of Sanders supporters... Just like there is an attempt to take away his jewishness and simply write him off as any old white guy from others.

I love all the "why is Bernie yelling?" commentary from people who clearly have no idea how an old Jewish guy from Brooklyn is likely to talk.

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You're a libertarian

Officially I am not a member of any party.  I'm ok with some of the Democratic positions on certain things, but the same with Republican positions as well.  

As for who I'll vote for in November, we'll see who the LP puts up. If they get Amash to run, I'd vote for him.  

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Always an excuse to absolve you and a different one to try and turn it around. No apologies, no introspection, no acknowledgement of the fact that this is the only campaign to act like this. Nobody's out here talking about toxic Biden, Warren, Amy, or Pete supporters... Except in defense of bros by bros. 

12 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Always an excuse to absolve you and a different one to try and turn it around. No apologies, no introspection, no acknowledgement of the fact that this is the only campaign to act like this. Nobody's out here talking about toxic Biden, Warren, Amy, or Pete supporters... Except in defense of bros by bros. 

Probably because there are bigger issues at stake than people being mean online, and acting like people being assholes online is exclusive or even predominantly from one campaign is some major loser shit

• stepee 1

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Probably because there are bigger issues at stake than people being mean online, and acting like people being assholes online is exclusive or even predominantly from one campaign is some major loser shit

The gaslighting continues apace. 

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Senile old women were not Hillary's base.

And twitter guys in their twenties aren't Bernie's base. Results show quite clearly that his base is working-class and poor people, both white and latino. The things you see online are like 1% of his supporters going crazy on a platform. It's like saying that the media personalities going crazy on Bernie are representative of Biden's base, when Biden's base tends to also be average working-class people (white and black).

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

Internet echo champers full of people arguing that candidates need to be extreme leftwing politicians is not the norm in this country, I feel people lose sight of this all the time. 

I feel like it's a good time to remind Americans in here that Bernie would be considered a moderate in any other developed nation. Seriously, he is further to the right than the current Liberal government of Canada, a party known for it's devotion to pragmatic centrism. Anyone calling him extreme is revealing their ignorance to actual political ideology.