Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Are you serious with this nonsense? Stop with the disingenuous slippery slope bullshit. It's not a good look.

Oh for fucks sake...the disingenuous slippery slope started when the Bloomberg cancer meme was posted.  I'm responding to it.

Jweel had the right of it

That's a morality and cultural issue and we agree, the issue with Bloomberg is he's turning it into a cost issue. That's the sick part, the fact that he's blaming 95 year olds with cancer for increased healthcare costs and that denying care is the best solution. He's prioritizing keeping the current price structure over lives. 

Just now, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Oh for fucks sake...the disingenuous slippery slope started when the Bloomberg cancer meme was posted.  I'm responding to it.

No, you're responding to the explanations of Bloomberg's [actual, not a meme] statement with ridiculous equivalencies re: execute prisoners and let children die. Give me a break.

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

No, you're responding to the explanations of Bloomberg's [actual, not a meme] statement with ridiculous equivalencies re: execute prisoners and let children die. Give me a break.

Damn..and I thought I was on the Spectrum....

Again...because I've read  on form that point Bloomberg was using that take as a cost argument.....which is in itself a slippery slope.  And yeah..once you start quantifying who gets acess to healthcare based on cost variables like age...then it's easy to slip more variables in the equation.

That's what humanity does.  

3 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Bloomberg isn’t talking about a slippery slope. He is correctly pointing out that we spend a massive percentage of our total medical budget on keeping terminally ill old people alive a short time. As @CastlevaniaNut18has noted from her own experience, it often would appear that we are doing more harm than good to these people by not allowing them to peacefully die.

So it’s incredibly expensive and probably causes more suffering, very good use of our resources!

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Bloomberg isn’t talking about a slippery slope. He is correctly pointing out that we spend a massive percentage of our total medical budget on keeping terminally ill old people alive a short time. As @CastlevaniaNut18has noted from her own experience, it often would appear that we are doing more harm than good to these people by not allowing them to peacefully die.

So it’s incredibly expensive and probably causes more suffering, very good use of our resources!

If it's their choice to move to pallative care..then I'm good with that.  But we can't remove them from the decision making process.  If they want treatment..it should be accessible.  

As Jweel pointed out..Bloombergs take also does nothing to fix the cost structures of our medical system. It..like our college system is broken and in need of direct change.

2 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Damn..and I thought I was on the Spectrum....

Sophomoric. I'd say you could do better, but that would just be me acting polite.

5 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Again...because I've read  on form that point Bloomberg was using that take as a cost argument.....which is in itself a slippery slope.  And yeah..once you start quantifying who gets acess to healthcare based on cost variables like age...then it's easy to slip more variables in the equation.

That's what humanity does. 

So you jump right to the most ridiculous assertions. This definitely makes your arguments look genuine and well thought out. :thumbdown:

17 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Sophomoric. I'd say you could do better, but that would just be me acting polite.

So you jump right to the most ridiculous assertions. This definitely makes your arguments look genuine and well thought out. :thumbdown:

We literally live in a society where drug users go to public libraries to get off because they have naloxone on hand to bring em back from the dead.  

The idea of removing that variable to save on healthcare costs is plenty plausible.

Hell...we are already trying to do that 

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/americas-heroin-epidemic/ohio-sheriff-says-his-overdosing-ohioans-my-guys-have-no-n780666

You let someone make it an official  government policy preventing healthcare based on a variable....bad stuff is gonna follow.

But I will concede that your view on humanity may be more positve and optimistic than mine.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

lol

Polling is all over the map in Nevada:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-d/nevada/

Since January 9th, two polls with Biden in the lead, two polls with Sanders in the lead, one poll with Steyer in the lead.  The other February poll has Sanders ahead of everyone else by 7 points.  So...:badass:

I've never heard of "Point Blank Political" and it doesn't even have a letter grade next to it on the 538 page, so I'm not inclined to buy that at all. I'm not convinced 19% of Nevadans, or people from any other state, could pick Tom Steyer out of a lineup, although I suppose older people who watch a lot more broadcast TV than I do have seen a lot more of his ads, since he's kind of doing a miniaturized version of Bloomberg's flood the airwaves strategy

Man I cant even imagine what county they did that poll in. Even in our small county it seems that early voting leans heavy on Bernie with Buttigieg and Klobuchar after. But that was only with 68 people early voting here. Also there were people that filled out undecided on all 3 choices thinking they are allowed to vote this upcoming weekend after early voting.  

On 2/16/2020 at 10:08 AM, legend said:

Obvious as you may think it is, the discussions with @b_m_b_m_b_m is because he rejects it :p 

I reject this notion entirely!

All I'm saying is there is no reason to actually believe he would be better for black and brown people around the world and in this country based on his actual opinions and his actual record as mayor of the largest city in the country. They're both dangerous billionaire autocrats, one is autocracy of white Christmas nationalists (whose popular, grassroots support will not go away with the mere defeat of Trump), the other is an insidious bipartisan autocracy of the billionaire class. 

Anyway, back to complaining about old people using Medicare

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I reject this notion entirely!

All I'm saying is there is no reason to actually believe he would be better for black and brown people around the world and in this country based on his actual opinions and his actual record as mayor of the largest city in the country. They're both dangerous billionaire autocrats, one is autocracy of white Christmas nationalists (whose popular, grassroots support will not go away with the mere defeat of Trump), the other is an insidious bipartisan autocracy of the billionaire class. 

Anyway, back to complaining about old people using Medicare

And all I'm wondering is which Democrats are going to back him on these terrible policies. Trump can do all the racist shit he wants because the GOP gives him the cover he needs. Which Democrats are going to fall in line to make a Trump-like Bloomberg presidency possible?

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

And all I'm wondering is which Democrats are going to back him on these terrible policies. Trump can do all the racist shit he wants because the GOP gives him the cover he needs. Which Democrats are going to fall in line to make a Trump-like Bloomberg presidency possible?

They don't have to fall in line for executive action, and there are already numerous elected Democrats who have been bought off by him already

9 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

He isnt wrong when it comes to the midwest and Trans rights. The fact that one person can identify as the opposite gender is so mind blowing for them that many assume they are some kind deviant looking to prey on children. The go to argument is "do you want man in a dress in the girls bathroom with your daughters or your wives?" They are so terrified of the idea their first instinct is to crucify it.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

They don't have to fall in line for executive action, and there are already numerous elected Democrats who have been bought off by him already

But they do. The only reason Trump's executive orders haven't all been overturned is because Republicans in Congress won't back any legislation to overturn them. So again, which Democrats in Congress are going to allow any racist executive orders to continue unchallenged?