Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

26 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

The one thing about that video that does ring true is that I've been surprised about how little fuss has been made about Pete being gay. I don't think it should be a big deal, but I also think that if he was the nominee, or even the front runner, I can easily see Trump tweeting about it or Fox News making some tasteless remarks pretty regularly.

Him being gay basically left the news cycle by the time people figured out how to say his name, but I doubt it would stay that way if he gets much more traction and became a real threat.

If he were the nominee you'll hear more about it, they're saving it. 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Imagine a situation where they release 50% of the results and it shows Pete with a big lead, and he goes on to win NH and Nevada...and then the other 50% are released and Biden and Warren both beat Pete. They shouldn't release the results until they have 100% and are 100% sure.

Which is exactly why the courts should order an injunction.

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Imagine a situation where they release 50% of the results and it shows Pete with a big lead, and he goes on to win NH and Nevada...and then the other 50% are released and Biden and Warren both beat Pete. They shouldn't release the results until they have 100% and are 100% sure.

I couldn't agree more. What are they thinking?

I really can’t imagine being Buttigieg and seeing results that are lining up with your internal numbers and having this colossal meltdown wreck your springboard in this fashion. Crazy.

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

Did any polls have Pete Buttigieg doing this well? I really hope the nominee isn't so centrist, but I'd be happy about the fact that he's somewhat young blood.

I'd rather have Butti or Klobuchar than Biden simply because Biden has decades of questionable votes under his belt, not because I'm super excited about the first two.

But I'd rather have Sanders or Warren over them.

@Spork3245 Whether he places first or second is still way better than anybody thought he would do. Or no? All polls seemed to indicate that Sanders and Biden would be at the top with Warren in a solid third and fourth going to Klobuchar or Buttigieg.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'd rather have Butti or Klobuchar than Biden simply because Biden has decades of questionable votes under his belt, not because I'm super excited about the first two.

Exactly. On all counts.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

@Spork3245 Whether he places first or second is still way better than anybody thought he would do. Or no? All polls seemed to indicate that Sanders and Biden would be at the top with Warren in a solid third and fourth going to Klobuchar or Buttigieg.

Exactly. On all counts.

He could drop lower than second.

6 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Did any polls have Pete Buttigieg doing this well? I really hope the nominee isn't so centrist, but I'd be happy about the fact that he's somewhat young blood.

In Iowa I remember seeing several polls where the top 4 were in statistical dead head or with different leaders in the last 3 weeks. It seemed like anyone's guess what would happen in Iowa.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Butti's positions are clearly to the left of Biden or Klobuchar on several issues. You often complain about Biden's marijuana position. Butti supports national descheduling. He also supports decriminalizing the possession of all drugs. I know people hate him here, but he is much better on criminal justice than the other centrist candidates.

• stepee 1

It's striking to me how much some of Bernie's folks were so damn certain they were going to win Iowa. 

This kind of thinking is insane especially before the results are announced and double especially since it's not looking like ya boi ran off with it like the narrative in your head said would happen.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

He could drop lower than second.

He could, but the internal data the Buttigieg campaign collected (which covers more than the 62% officially released) goes right in line with what’s been released so far and that’s why they felt good about declaring victory. Will certainly be interesting to see how it shakes out though!