Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Doesn't matter who the Democrats pick, the Republicans will make up some fake scandal amd run with it.

And nyt will uncritically pass this information along in their headlines, "Barr opens investigation into Hunter Biden/Jane Sanders' College/etc, raising questions about the candidate's role in the affair"

South Carolina GOP can cancel its 2020 primary, judge says

In her order, Circuit Judge Jocelyn Newman wrote the law “does not give Plaintiffs a legal right to a presidential preference primary, and the Court will not substitute its own judgment for that of the General Assembly or the SCGOP."

Earlier this year, former South Carolina congressman Bob Inglis sued state Republicans, saying the party’s decision to skip a primary deprives him and others “of the ability to vote for the candidate of their choice in South Carolina’s famous (and particularly influential) ‘First in the South’ primary.”

It is true, though, that no one has a right to vote in a primary. Your right to vote is for the general elections, local elections, etc. but primaries are done by the party itself, which is why you're not required to have a Libertarian Party primary, for example.

8 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The age breakdown is exciting. 18-29's voting at the rate of 30-44's and 30-44's matching 45-64's is probably a better sign of where things are heading than education or ethnicity.

We're just gonna dial back that enthusiasm a whole lot if the nominee isn't Bernie. The younger cohort isn't going to donate, knock on doors, and phone bank like they would for Bernie (and a lesser extent Liz) for several of the "things will not fundamentally change" candidates.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

We're just gonna dial back that enthusiasm a whole lot of the nominee isn't Bernie. The younger cohort isn't going to donate, knock on doors, and phone bank like they would for Bernie (and a lesser extent Liz) for several of the "things will not fundamentally change" candidates.

I think that's more than a bit overblown considering those kids all turned out in 2018 with no Bernie in sight.

e: and Bernie has proven that he has trouble even turning his own supporters out. Not sure why he's getting made into a totem here.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

We're just gonna dial back that enthusiasm a whole lot if the nominee isn't Bernie. The younger cohort isn't going to donate, knock on doors, and phone bank like they would for Bernie (and a lesser extent Liz) for several of the "things will not fundamentally change" candidates.

Nah—They’ll join the Yang gang in droves when the time comes.

5 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The whole situation just makes Uygur look like a chump; he won't apologize for his statements, but he will 'reject' endorsements (as if that can really be done) for the sake of protecting his Beloved Leader.

He did years ago when it came out and he resigned from Justice Democrats. 

56 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

what did cenk do

“It seems like there is a sea of tits here, and I am drinking in tiny droplets. I want to dive into the whole god damn ocean,” he wrote. “Obviously, the genes of women are flawed. They are poorly designed creatures who do not want to have sex nearly as often as needed for the human race to get along peaceably and fruitfully.”

In another entry, “Rules of Dating,” Uygur described how fast physical intimacy should progress.

“Women, ignore these at your peril,” he wrote. “Rule 1: There must be some serious making out by the third date. If I haven’t felt your tits by then, things are not about to last much longer. In fact, if you don’t get back on track by the fourth date, you’re done.”

He added: “Rule 2: There must be orgasm by the fifth date.”

In a a post archived in 2003, he wrote about carousing with numerous women in New Orleans while drunk.

“I had one of the best nights of my life at Mardi Gras. I kissed over 23 different women, saw and felt countless breasts, and was in a wonderful drunken stupor thanks to my friend John Daniels,” reads the post.

John Daniels is sometimes used as a nickname for Jack Daniels whiskey. Uygur told TheWrap that all of the behavior he described had been consensual.

The posts were written during the earliest years of Uygur’s career as a journalist on YoungTurk.com — which today redirects to a website for The Young Turks.

https://www.thewrap.com/young-turks-cenk-uygur-blog-breasts-women-flawed/