Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Interestingly, if Steyer were to sneak in, a 5 - 6 person debate each night isn't really that bad.

But it would be cool to see Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Harris, O'Rourke, Booker, Yang, and Castro on the same stage (no real care for Klobuchar who hasn't really done anything in the debates).

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Except aren't there huge limitations when it comes to transaction numbers per second with blockchain tech? Many forms can only process a few hundred transactions per second.

HODLGANG

HODLGANG

HODLGANG

38 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Steyer spent $12 million to not make the debate. What a fantastic use of that money!

I always find this take strange as though the money was spent on nothing because the candidate didn’t get the outcome they hoped for. Particularly in the case of a billionaire. What else would the 12 million done besides sit in some hedge fund doing nothing remotely productive. 

Steyer has stated that he wants to impeach Trump, or failing that, defeat him. If Steyer really wants to help get rid of Trump there are far better uses for that money. He could fund voter registration, he could back lesser-known candidates, he could help run get-out-the-vote campaigns. Instead he is running a vanity campaign that will do nothing but waste money. If Steyer was just a random rich dude blowing $12 million on fancy golf clubs, whatever. But if he really wants to defeat Trump, then stop setting cash on fire.

If you had told me at the beginning of the year that Yang would make the third debate instead of Gillibrand or that Gabbard was closer than Gillibrand to qualifying, I probably wouldn't have believed you. But that's pretty cool that Yang could make it or that Sanders/Warren are polling so well or that Castro was able to carve out enough support for himself when he was not as well-known as De Blasio or Gillibrand or even Steyer AFAIK.

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What did Steyer spend 12 million on? I saw his name a couple of times, he was even in San Diego a couple of days ago but haven’t heard anything about him.

Iowa/New Hampshire ad buys. He was polling little nationally but was doing better in those states, and if he had four polls from those two states, he could qualify for the third debate.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

If you had told me at the beginning of the year that Yang would make the third debate instead of Gillibrand or that Gabbard was closer than Gillibrand to qualifying, I probably wouldn't have believed you. But that's pretty cool that Yang could make it or that Sanders/Warren are polling so well or that Castro was able to carve out enough support for himself when he was not as well-known as De Blasio or Gillibrand or even Steyer AFAIK.

I told you.  But you wouldn’t listen.

Yang will go all the way; now that he’s unveiled his blockchain voting idea, the crypto enthusiasts will be the swing vote that puts him over the top.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I bet Yang winds up as the Libertarian candidate. 

That would be funny to me because it would remind me of Gravel trying to be the Libertarian candidate in 2008, aka a guy who is clearly not a libertarian running on that ticket.