Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

He wants 100% carbon free transportation and electric generation by 2030 WITHOUT nuclear, in what fucking universe is that even remotely possible? Are there electric jumbo jets and cargo freighters around the corner that I am not aware of?

Steam, bitch. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Steam, bitch. 

I said, “You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?” “No sir.” I said, “Ah, how is it working?” “Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.”

It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said—and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said, “What system are you going to be—” “Sir, we’re staying with digital.” I said, “No you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.”

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Steam, bitch. 

We had mouth breathing "top siders" on my ship (nuclear powered, mind you) think that the steam from the steam catapults is what powered the steam turbines that powered the ship through the water.  They knew there was a nuclear reactor aboard the ship.  They understood that it did things. But they couldn't figure out that's where the steam was generated for their catapults AND the steam turbines.  

Kal, were you an Aviation Mechanic aboard the USS Nimitz from 2004-2009?

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

He wants 100% carbon free transportation and electric generation by 2030 WITHOUT nuclear, in what fucking universe is that even remotely possible? Are there electric jumbo jets and cargo freighters around the corner that I am not aware of?

If it makes you feel better, we’re not going to do anything about climate change until it is way too late. 

I've disliked Chuck Todd since 2008, which was the first time I remembering seeing him. His analysis of the 2008 election, but worse his lack of issuing a mea culpa, were the drizzling shits. I still remember when Obama was easily ahead in delegate, pretty much insurmountable, his analysis was something along the lines of Obama needing a bigger win to really show he can win the general. He "can't keep winning in places like Wyoming." Well, one Obama primary win and two Obama presidential wins later, he could have thought that out more.

Chuck's problem is that he takes his fascination for politics and enjoys too much of the "game" behind it.

2 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I’d like to thank Warren for killing the Bernie Bro narrative 

Let's not pretend that there are not some definite Bernie Bro idiots out there though. But the racism angle was overblown. Bernie lacked the black vote because he was running against a Clinton. Hell, Hillary had greater black support than Obama in the beginning of the 2008 campaign. If Bernie looks like he can win (compared to Biden) then he will get more even support as well. I hope the same is true of Warren.

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Let's not pretend that there are not some definite Bernie Bro idiots out there though. But the racism angle was overblown. Bernie lacked the black vote because he was running against a Clinton. Hell, Hillary had greater black support than Obama in the beginning of the 2008 campaign. If Bernie looks like he can win (compared to Biden) then he will get more even support as well. I hope the same is true of Warren.

do you know what a bro is? 

Kamala's rivals seize on health care stumbles

Harris’ universal coverage plan has been praised by more than a dozen health policy wonks and former Obama administration officials, including some who prefer it to Sanders’ version of Medicare for All. But politically, it's been a muddle: It's testing whether a senator not known for her health care expertise has the dexterity to thread the needle between Sanders and Biden on a complicated policy. And it’s accelerated questions about why Harris supported Sanders’ plan for nearly two years, standing with him at the 2017 unveiling, before admitting this week to long harboring doubts about the Vermont senator’s proposal.

For Harris, the health care morass is also threatening to become an ominous symbol for why, after her surge following the first debate, she's fallen back since early July to where she started. She now polls closer to Pete Buttigieg and Beto O'Rourke than Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.

“I believe that when Senator Harris is confident in what she’s saying and what she believes, she’s very good,” said Rebecca Katz, a Democratic strategist aligned with progressives. “I am just not sure what she believes when it comes to Medicare for All.”