Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

10 minutes ago, elbobo said:

that was my take away too, when Bernie is doing 4x better than you with black voters you have a problem. 

I need to delve into the numbers to see what the name recognition is among African-Americans. Warren's a pretty known quantity, those not as well-known as Biden or Sanders, and they didn't really delve into race in the first debate as they did in the second.

With the size of the field, we'd really have to look at the numbers to see if it's anti-Warren or they're just split more to people like Harris, Biden, Sanders and Booker right now as their number 1 choice.

20 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I need to delve into the numbers to see what the name recognition is among African-Americans. Warren's a pretty known quantity, those not as well-known as Biden or Sanders, and they didn't really delve into race in the first debate as they did in the second.

I've heard several commentators discuss how African Americans won't support a minority or woman candidate unless they are convinced white voters support that candidate too. Sanders is the only "safe white guy" in the top tier besides Biden. Harris could convince them if she does well in Iowa and New Hampshire.

9 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

I've heard several commentators discuss how African Americans won't support a minority or woman candidate unless they are convinced white voters support that candidate too. Sanders is the only "safe white guy" in the top tier besides Biden. Harris could convince them if she does well in Iowa and New Hampshire.

That explains Obama.

IIRC, Hillary was competitive with black voters, and then Obama won a very white state in Iowa.

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

That explains Obama.

IIRC, Hillary was competitive with black voters, and then Obama won a very white state in Iowa.

That is indeed how Obama won the nomination, proving to Hillary's deep African American base that he could win elections. Sanders never got that base away from her and lost. Biden has it now but Harris is siphoning it away. It really felt from the debate that she knows where her path is and what she needs to do to get it.

11 hours ago, Jose said:

Addict shaming is apparently a Berniebro tactic.  

15 minutes ago, Chris- said:

There is no difference between the dirtbag left and MAGA chuds; the cruelty is the point. 

Weren't we just told that sharing Florida Man stories is taking advantage of people with mental illnesses and addiction problems? 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Pretty much.

I actually found the hit to be kind of a cheap shot by Harris. But it was undeniable that Biden's response was weak, confused, and pretty indicative of his shortcomings as a candidate.

Which is important if you want him to go head to head with Trump on a debate stage.

i honestly think Trump would eat him alive. Verbally.

14 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

You missed the point of the Florida man discussion 

I think you're more upset that you can't dictate what the point is. Social class is irrelevant to addiction shaming and making fun of those with mental illnesses. Caring about mental illness and raising money for it and educating people on the rarest of mental illness -- which, psst, I've actually done all three -- means caring about everyone since these things don't discriminate based on class.

If you actually care about a man in Florida who's suffering from mental illness who now is the butt of a joke despite what could be an untold life of service, you need to care about all who suffer or else it's just sharing Twitter posts and virtue signaling.

9 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Never true.  If he wasn’t a senator’s son, he would have spent his adult life in and out of jail rather than living a consequence free existence 

Completely true about mental illness and addiction and also missing the point (also, how do you know what demons someone is and isn't facing privately?). Here's someone in the upper class who had a mental illness:

ftf_robinwilliams_web_900x506-768x432.jp

Even before his suicide, he was facing the consequences of mental illness despite being able to afford care. If you say you care about mental illness, you need to actually care about it.

5 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

It’s entertaining to see our precious bourgeois libs get upset someone was poking fun at the son of a former senator and Vice President.  Good job guys!

It's more that nobody buys you actually care about people with addiction problems and mental illnesses. In fact, if a poor person with a mental illness was one of your Kamala Harris supporting libs, I'm pretty sure you'd look down on them in a heartbeat.

Unlike you, I've actually educated people on mental illness and used my job to help raise money for local organizations. I'd be happy to direct you to places you can volunteer if you'll work as hard as you share tweets. Otherwise, it's virtue signalling and not a deep-seeded care of those in poverty and suffering from anxiety, depression, psychosis and every illness on the planet.

4 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I’m not arguing the rich are immune to mental illness :lol: 

You just argued that he'd be in and out of jail instead of living a "consequence-free" life. 

If you have an addiction or mental illness, it's not consequence-free by default. You don't get to selectively care about certain people with mental illnesses.

Do you, like... actually know anybody with mental illnesses? You seem woefully ill-equipped to talk about this stuff.

Rsf means free from legal consequences. Florida man stories put on full display poor people who have mental health and addiction issues, and then get caught by law enforcement, where that may not happen to someone who is wealthier. Addict shaming either way though 

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Rsf means free from legal consequences. Florida man stories put on full display poor people who have mental health and addiction issues. 

I already covered this: I don't think you understand that legal consequences are irrelevant to fighting mental illness and promoting education of it regardless of your class.