Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Presidential candidate Steve Bullock to hold town halls on nights of Democratic debates

Bullock's exclusion from the debates has been criticized by all DNC members from Montana. "We know many consider us to be fly-over country or little more than an ideal vacation spot, but we know we've offered countless invaluable contributions to the Democratic Party and our nation as a whole," the top Montana Democrats wrote in a scathing letter to DNC chair Tom Perez earlier this month. 

"The recent implementation of extra qualification rules for the June debates in Miami could deny the Democratic Party a voice representing rural America."

Bullock, who was reelected in 2016 despite President Trump's 20-point victory in the state, says he's uniquely suited to win the White House next year. "As the only candidate who has won a Trump state, Governor Bullock will discuss his plans to win back the places we lost in 2016," his campaign told CBS News about his town halls. 

Biden's pitch: I can win in the south

"I plan on campaigning in the South," Biden said at the Moral Action Congress of the Poor People's Campaign, in Washington, D.C. Monday. "I plan on, if I'm your nominee, winning Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, believe it or not, and I believe we can win Texas and Florida, if you look at the polling data now." 

The question to Biden came at an event focused on poverty and the economy. It took note of the fact that many of the country's poorer economies are in the South -- not just mostly minority communities, but also largely white communities. The ten candidates appearing before the forum were asked whether they'd campaign in these parts of the country, where poverty crosses racial and gender divides.  

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

South Carolina ololololo that's some funny shit Joe. The rest of those states are a bit of a reach, but winnable.

Honestly, South Carolina was the only unrealistic one. It's always been a fascinating state to me because it usually goes around 10 points Republican, so it's not Oklahoma/Kansas/Dakota levels, but its percentage doesn't really swing much. McCain won by around 8 points, Romney won by 10, Trump by 14. So it doesn't really have a lot of swing voters from any analysis I've seen.

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

If I could write the end of this whole mess it would be Trump in a straight jacket shouting the words "fake news" over and over in softer and softer tones as two orderlies ease him down the wall to the floor of his cell repeating, "Shhh....shhh...it's ok.".

2 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Reset's got a thread about this with a lot of excited people, but my favorite comment:

"Meanwhile Biden out here saying how DMC2 is the best in the series and how there should be way more underwater levels in video games"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/17/2019 at 6:29 AM, SFLUFAN said:

And this is why technolibertarians <3 UBI

I thought that was the point of ubi, you no longer have welfare. Everyone just gets money and that’s your welfare if you don’t work. My understanding is that you wouldn’t have ubi on top if traditional welfare. 

15 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I thought that was the point of ubi, you no longer have welfare. Everyone just gets money and that’s your welfare if you don’t work. My understanding is that you wouldn’t have ubi on top if traditional welfare. 

Right. Every sound bite I've heard of Yang discussing this, Yang always mentions it replacing or drastically reducing the current welfare system.

40 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

These numbers shouldn’t be comforting to anyone :p 

Sure if you're clueless, Biden was always going to clean up there in the primary, but regardless Trump is constantly hitting a wall in the lower 40s against every dem candidate across multiple states and pollsters. 

8 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Oh, come on :p

Quinnipiac had it right!

He's doing his polls are meaningless dance but he doesnt even realize that the pollster from the Florida polls above got the GE popular vote exactly right in June. Point is General Election polling is almost always meaningless except to show trends. He's basically trolling.

538: How front-runners can fail

A look down memory lane of primary candidates who squandered their lead. There are significantly more Democrats on that list than Republicans.

For Democrats, the early front-runner usually sank. For Republicans, 2008 was one of the few times he did. Even in 2016, Jeb was kind of a front-runner until Trump officially declared, and then Trump overall was leading and stayed that way until the end of the primary season. Pre-1st debate, Trump was ahead and remained so overall with only a couple blips.