Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

"I'm with her" was created by her campaign. 

He's 100% correct that #ImWithHer (which is something she certainly ran on and Michelle Obama even put in her convention speech) was not a good move. Messages like "Building a bridge to the 21st Century," "Change We Can Believe In," "Yes We Can," suggest a platform and vision that is greater than one individual. "I'm With Her" does not, and it's something even some Hillary folk ended up disliking (source: Shattered).

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yang is great on policy, but I doubt he can effectively communicate these things. Not bullish on him at all.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

He agreed to debate Ben Shapiro on circumcision. 

20 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I like his policy page, but does he have the charisma of a leader? I haven't watched him speak at all yet.

He’s not Obama, but he’s at least got the sort of ‘cool dude I could have a beer with’ vibe I think.

He’s like that approachable left-leaning (Asian?) acquaintance you’d occasionally get drunk with in college that just happened to make it big in tech after graduation.  It’s not the worst ethos to have.  But he’s not going to be singing any church-rattling sermons, either.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Policy is not good judgement. He probably suffers from the delusion that with enough conversation these pieces of shit will hop off the Trump train

I was referring to the effective communication part. 

I've never quite understood the desire for a leader to be a person I could get a beer with. I want someone who gets shit done and is ethical. Obviously they will need some social skills when working with other political figures, but their track record and intentions are far more important to me than their ability to shoot the shit with us peasants. :p

Maybe someone to whom it is important could explain why this is a good criterion.

@legend should just create an AI leader. I, for one, welcome our robot overlords. 

3 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I've never quite understood the desire for a leader to be a person I could get a beer with. I want someone who gets shit done and is ethical. Obviously they will need some social skills when working with other political figures, but their track record and intentions are far more important to me than their ability to shoot the shit with us peasants. :p

Maybe someone to whom it is important could explain why this is a good criterion.

@legend should just create an AI leader. I, for one, welcome our robot overlords. 

Your vote of confidence has been recorded.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Anathema- said:

He criticized her whole campaign for a slogan that wasn't her slogan. It's an invalid criticism and cuts against the largest constituency in the party. For being a smart guy it's a dumb move.

“I’m with her” became so connected to the campaign that the campaign titled a video “They’re with her” on the official YouTube page. Come on!

3 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

He’s not Obama, but he’s at least got the sort of ‘cool dude I could have a beer with’ vibe I think.

He’s like that approachable left-leaning (Asian?) acquaintance you’d occasionally get drunk with in college that just happened to make it big in tech after graduation.  It’s not the worst ethos to have.  But he’s not going to be singing any church-rattling sermons, either.

I think a negative income tax would be a lot cheaper and would be more likely to pass. It's the same concept but targeted at just the middle class and poor.  $12k/year plus medicare for all is going to cost a fortune. 

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Great post there - I can't see shit!

Fucker deleted his tweet sometime after I posted it. :sadsun:

It was comparing NYT headlines about Mueller on March 23 and 25. Basically "who cares" to "puts Democrats in a bind". 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Fucker deleted his tweet sometime after I posted it. :sadsun:

It was comparing NYT headlines about Mueller on March 23 and 25. Basically "who cares" to "puts Democrats in a bind". 

I remember.

I saw the tweet you posted when it was up.

I was there.

I. Was. There.

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

“I’m with her” became so connected to the campaign that the campaign titled a video “They’re with her” on the official YouTube page. Come on!

So what? He wants to criticize her campaign and does so by saying it was like "X" when it wasn't like "X" at all. We can quibble over what makes for a slogan, but if he wasn't paying attention enough to tell the difference between her real slogan and this then he's an idiot for opening his mouth. This isn't some message board rando that deserves the benefit of the doubt, he's running for president. I think it's fair to expect him not to say things that could alienate a majority of his party based on a premise that's shaky at best and to say he made a mistake if he did.

1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

So what? He wants to criticize her campaign and does so by saying it was like "X" when it wasn't like "X" at all. We can quibble over what makes for a slogan, but if he wasn't paying attention enough to tell the difference between her real slogan and this then he's an idiot for opening his mouth. This isn't some message board rando that deserves the benefit of the doubt, he's running for president. I think it's fair to expect him not to say things that could alienate a majority of his party based on a premise that's shaky at best and to say he made a mistake if he did.

I am not sure it alienates much of the party TBH, but I respect this point of view.

Just now, sblfilms said:

I am not sure it alienates much of the party TBH, but I respect this point of view.

It may not and if he never mentions it again nobody will know. It's just dumb and a mistake and absolutely that attitude risks alienating a majority of the party.